The Long Road to Healing.

In his arms, she felt as if the entire world had once again disapeared and they were back on that island completely isolated and in love.  No amount of noise that the Medicine King made would see her move until she was ready, and the moment he tried to force them all out, then her mother quickly placed herself between them while Bai Zhi firmly took the mans arm and forced him from the chamber.

"I will be notifying His Majesty.  The Crown Prince is my patient and I say who visits and who doesn't." he huffed indignantly before heading straight to Haodes chamber to complain.

But she didn't hear him and nor did she notice that Ci Hang and her parents had quietly slipped out of the room before closing the door to allow them some privacy.  All she heard was his heartbeat throbbing against her ear as he held her in his arms while Er Li was snuggled comfortable between them.  His little hand had already found his fathers hair which he was clinging to while the other rested lightly on his mothers face.  It was a beautiful reunion and in his arms, Ye Hua took a permanent memory of it with every intention of painting it when he was better.

"Su Su....." he whispered softly down at the head that was ever so lightly bobbing up and down which had him knowing that she was crying and the sniffle that followed soon had his own hand lightly lifting her head off him. 

To look at the three faces that had launched three wars. 

 The first being the Ghost War.  The angelic face of a mischievous Disciple that had sent his brother into the Chaos were what his eyes first saw.  Mo Yuan had explained to him at the Lotus Pond what had happened all those years ago.  Of course she could not be blamed for that war, it was inevitable so she didn't start it, but her mischief definitely launched it.

The second war being the Mermaid war for a little Mortal girl whose gentle and soft nature had won his heart over very quickly.  Of course this war also was a given, but had she not been the one he was desperate to run to, that war would not have been launched so quickly, in fact he had barely made it back to her side and not only had he left his entire world behind for her, he had also wiped out an entire clan for her in a war that should not have gone as far as it did and all for a face that had shed a few tears and broke his heart.

And the thrid being the final war which she had launched all those years ago and brought to an end in her true form which of course was launched because of Su Jins jealousy of her beauty and his love for her.

Three faces, three lives, three different worlds and all rolled up into one beautiful High Goddess who in the end had brought it all back to the beginning and the Lotus child she alone had awoken in order to complete a fate that had perhaps begun in the Chaos itself when his father had saved him.  Of course it was all fanciful thinking on his part, but the tearful eyes, the quiver on her lips and the protective way she was cradling their son had him wondering just how much fate had played in bringing her back to him.

His hand raised to lightly fall on her cheek where it remained as he lost himself to the wonder of this woman who by all rights could claim the title of War Goddess.   After all, no wars are caused by intelligent means but love.  No matter what the reason or where, love is always the underlining emotion that carries it forward.  Whether it is for power, economic gain, women, land, or status, love is the base emotion that fires the spirit and forces it into chaos.

And as that thought hit, his brother came to mind.  The War God may have thought he had hidden his love for her well, but he knew, only in this lifetime she would not be his, the War Goddess would lead the Realms as his Empress and with that thought in mind, he knew he had some quick healing to do if he was to firmly place her in that position, one she was more than worthy of.