The Final Battle 1

Arriving at the banks of the Ruoshui River, Ye Hua took in the scene as if he were watching some chaotic play that the actors had forgotten the script to.  It was utter mayhem as soldiers on both sides struggled to contain the surge of pulsing energy pouring out of the Bell. It was obvious that Qing Cang was moments away from breaking free and rather than racing into the middle of the river to capture him the moment he did, he instead turned and forced Mo Yuan behind a barrier which he refused to remove as Mo Yuan threw spell after spell at it.

"Ye Hua!  Remove this barrier.  I know him, I know his weaknesses, you don't!" Mo Yuan roared at him, only to watch on in horror as his brother then rose into the air along with his Grandfather and several soldiers to meet the Ghost Lord who they could all hear laughing as his strength gathered.

Only the closer they got to the Bell and therefore the otherside of the river, the sight of Su Jin hovering in the air on the other side of the Bell, had Ye Huas anger raging.  The hate and disgust rose heavily as his eyes narrowed in on the smirk that was edging one side of her mouth and though her eyes were glazed over, he didn't care.  It was obvious that she was now fully under Qing Cangs command and was also waiting for him to exit the Bell in order to release the Power Source directly to him.

"Su Jin!" Ye Huas voice roared over the pounding drums the Ghost Soldiers suddenly took up as if they too knew their old Overlord was moments away from appearing.

"Ye Hua dearest.  I'm so happy you could  join us." she smiled brilliantly at him even though her eyes were not on him but Haode.  "And you are here too.  How wonderful!" she chirped cheerfully to Haodes horror.

She had been with him for centuries and he had literally raised her as his own family member.  Since the day she arrived he vowed to give her the love and support for her Tribe and familys sacrifice and in those years, he had found a profound love for her.  He pampered her, ensured her every comfort and never once did he scold her.  If anything, he had indulged her every whim, even taking her as his wife, because he thought she didn't want to marry outside of the Palace.

Only looking at those eyes that had always shone with happiness, the dead glazed look of a girl no longer herself, had the tears rising.  Most thought him to be a heartless man, someone who cared only for prestige and strict adherence to all rules, but deep down, his family, the people that he loved, including her, were really all that was important to him at the end of the day and to see her lifeless eyes staring back at him without emotion or care for what she doing, hurt him deeply because he knew that by the days end, she would be dead.

And this was backed up by the sudden appearance of Ye Huas energy flaring down the blade of his sword which instantly had his hand snatching at his arm to stop him.

"It's not her Ye Hua." he said loud enough for Su Jin to hear only to shrink back when a cackle erupted.

"I don't care, she killed my wife." Ye Hua seethed in rage as the womans energy suddenly began to flare.

"You wife was a whore ........ but now she is no more." Su Jins sing song voice whipped back as the dark energy inside of her began to throb wildly.

"My wife was Bai Qian the Queen of Qing Qiu and she was more woman than you could ever hope to be." Ye Huas dull tone suddenly lashed back much to the surprise of his Grandfather whose mouth had dropped in an instant.

His mind had always been very sharp and it didn't take long for him to piece together how the fugitive Si Yin was Bai Qian, in fact, now that he knew, it made perfect sense.  The woman was a recluse, never showed herself in public and she certainly had nothing to do with the Celestials.  Even the marriage alliance was ignored and seeing as she was hiding Mo Yuans body, it was obvious why.  But he had no time to react because Ye Hua was no longer in control of himself and nor could Haode do anything to prevent what came next.