More Questions

The Celestial Heavens.  

Since Ye Huas passing, Su Jin had remained in a state of drunken despair and nothing her maid Xi Nu said or did, would pull her out of her deep state of mourning.  Not even Haode seemed to care that his own consort was grieving to the point of wanting to end her life.  Several times Xi Nu had to stop her from piercing her heart with her small dagger, until in the end, she took it away completely.

"He was meant to be my husband not his Grandfather.  I was going to work my way into his Harem even if I had to be a side consort." Su Jun cried out yet again and knowing to keep her mouth shut, Xi Nu said nothing, and nor did she attempt to console her with hugs which she would have done in the past.

Since the day of his death, Xi Nu had been literally walking on eggshells least she offend her Lady or make one wrong step, and it was only lately that she considered approaching Lady Le Xu to remove her from Su Jins Palace and send her elsewhere if only to stay alive.  Su Jins temper was so raw and volatile that Xi Nu no longer felt safe.

Though, upon hearing that the Third Prince Lian Song had returned to the Nine Heavens, she decided to seek his help.  He had been the only one closest to Ye Hua and of the Princes and even Goddesses, he was also the most amicable.  He might not have had a lot to do with her Lady, but he was a kind man, and maybe he might be able to get her the help she needed.   It was all she could do, and if he too refused to help, seeing as there was no one else to assist her, then she decided she would leave.

Now making her way to his Palace, she walked straight through the entrance.  He was one of the few Deities that did not have guards on his residence because he never saw the need for them.  The entire Nine Heavens was guarded by a wall of energy, if anyone unsavoury tried to enter, the entire Heavens would know about it.  So making her way to his main parlour, she stood beyond the divider screen to wait for his summons.  Only no call came, so thinking to call out to him herself, she took a step through the entrance, only to suddenly hear the sound of hushed voices. Backing away  and ready to leave hastily should she be interrupting yet another tryst he was well known for, she suddenly stood stock still.

Hearing Ye Huas name, her ears perked up before she soon found herself listening in on a conversation that may have seen her punished severely if she was caught.

Recognizing the voice of Lady Cheng Yu, her mouth dropped as they discussed something so outrageous yet highly sensitive, Xi Nu held her breath as details of what the Crown Prince had planned before the Mermaid War, was revealed.  Beyond giddy with excitement, she was almost caught when she stumbled in her attempt to sneak away.

"Who's there?" Lian Song called out, having heard the rush of breath as her foot tripped on the low step the moment she turned to leave.

And for the first time in her life, she did something she would never have dreamed of until that moment.  Choosing to ignore his command to answer him, a crime which was punishable, she instead turned and fled for her life.  By the time Lian Song and Cheng Yu made it to the door, she was long gone, and not only had she left no trace of her presence having drawn her energy in, she cloud jumped the rest of the way, a crime that was also punishable.  Maids were not allowed to cloud jump from one place to another within the Nine Heavens so as to be visible at all times.

Now racing into Su Jins Palace as if on fire, she threw herself at her feet in tears.

"MY Lady.  Crown Prince Ye Hua is not dead!" she almost yelled before quickly slamming her head into the ground at her feet.

Numbly, Su Jin stared at the woman with unseeing eyes.  Haphazardly kicking out at her, Xi Nu repeated herself again and this time a little louder.