No Looking Back

Stunned and in agony, Ye Hua shook his head to clear it from the fogginess.  The hit had been exceptionally powerful and briefly he had lost consiouness, but as his head cleared and his sight and hearing came back to him, sound suddenly exploded into his mind.  The screaming was horrendous and for a moment longer, he tried to understand what was happening.  Er Li was throwing energy in all directions only this time he could see who was attacking them.  

And this time, he could see who they were.  Mortals, both men and women and under the influence of some kind of spell which he could easily see as a kind of energy wafting off them, were swarming all over the barrier he had placed around his son and despite the energy throwing them all back.   The spell they were under along with the energy barrier Su Jin had placed around them, had given them all exceptional power because none were injured by it when they should have been.

In all, he roughly counted eight Mortals, but what infuriated him more, was her abuse of power.  It was forbidden to give the Mortals any of their power or energy, it was punishable by death, but as that thought hit, Ye Hua realized that Su Jin had completely lost her mind, the energy she had stolen was taking over and she was more than likely being controlled by it, because the girl he knew would never have put herself into such a compromising position, not even for him.  There as something so off about what she had done, that in horror, Ye Hua understood exactly what was going on even though his entire room was in chaos. She was no longer in control.

This was the consequences of taking on an energy far superior to ones own.  Su Jin was no longer in charge of it or her mind, Qing Cang was and it seemed as if he was using his position as a Grand Master of Energy Magic to its fullest potential.  He had full access to her mind and was literally leading her every move.  

All of these thoughts passed through his head in a mere few seconds, because it had only just hit him.  He had known Su Jin all of his life, and though he knew she had feelings for him and had done a few stupid things in her time in order to win a place in his Harem, she wasn't this crazy.  If anything she was manipulative but  definitely not deadly, so he could only assume that Qing Cang was using her own desires to get at him in order to weaken the Celestials and Su Su for having resealed in the Bell when he had been so close to resurrecting.

And as that thought hit, his head quickly spun to the side of him only to find Su Su gone.

And suddenly the noise in the room, along with Er Lis screaming for his mother was drowned out by the roaring in his head.

His sword immediately erupted  before unleashing a successive wave of energy off the tip of his blade. 

To injure a Mortal regardless of the power she had given them was a punishable offense, but to kill one meant the death penalty, only any compassionate thoughts he had for Su Jin or righteousness in upholding the laws and protecting the weak, were soon wiped from his mind, when his energy all but obliterated every single Mortal in the room while his energy rapidly sought her out, only to realize he was too late.

That initial blast that Su Jin had unleashed on him was enough to not only take his wife, but the few seconds it took for him to get his head in order was all she had needed to get Su Su and flee while leaving him  to give chase which he knew was what she wanted.

All of this happened in under a few minutes, by the time Lian Song burst into his room, the Mortals were dead and Er Li was still screaming and throwing energy botls at his fathers barrier which was only barely holding.

"Cheng Yu!  That bitch took her!" he screamed at him.

"She got Su Su..." Ye Huas voice was barely audible, the anger was so raw, that Lian Song quickly ran towards Er Li because when Ye Hua reached that level of anger, very little could stop him from exploding.  His breath was uneven and ragged, but the flame behind his eyes were flaring andonly Er Li was barely keeping him sane enough to think.