One More Sacrifice

Kunlun Mountain

Arriving on Kunlun Mountain with Zhe Yan, Die Feng was more than a little surprised to see both Di Jun and Ci Hang having expected  Zhe Yan alone to arrive, but seeing the state he was in, he immediately had him rushed to the infirmary where he had taken it upon himself to have the elixirs, tonics and balms ready should he be injured.  Of course no one had ever fought those beasts and not come away dead or severely injured, but still.  To see this ancient God being carried in by the Greatest of all the Gods and looking like death, he immediately had Chang Shan and Zi Lan working to strip him down and begin the healing process.

The three boys were the only ones on the mountain, and that was because Zhe Yan had gone directly to Die Feng to ask for his assistance in helping to remove Mo Yuans spirit from his brother and that was because there was no one else to help.  Bai Qian was missing and her family were still scouring the realms for her.  In fact, had Bai Zhen not come to him with Die Fengs concerns, he too would still be scouring the realms with them.

Once Zhe Yan was in the infirmary and in the mountains higher energy, he immediately led both men to Mo Yuans mediation chamber where Zhe Yan had moved Mo Yuans body and it was then that the questions started.

"Where has he been all this time?" Ci Hang asked as the man he had known since they were children came into view.  

"I cannot say.  High God Zhe Yan did not tell me." he replied while wondering what they were doing there and where the fungal grass might be or if the High God had managed to take it.

Reading his mind, Di Jun said nothing, because he could see clearly that boy did not have enough cultivation to make it.  In fact of them all, he was the only option, but he also knew they would need the soul lamp and having been buried in the Sea f Innocence, there was only one person who could claim it, and that was Su Jin.

"How was Mo Yuans body kept in pristine condition if he wasn't buried in the Sea of Innocence?" Ci Hang asked having moved closer to sit down beside the body and having inspected him long enough it was obvious an outside influence was used.

"That I also do not know.  High God Zhen arrived here with his body several days ago, but he did not say too much, only that he had been taken care of and needed to be back on the Mountain for when his soul returns." Die Feng frowned because it was obvious these two men knew even less than he did, and having sent out the call for his brothers to return, he was wanting some answers so they all knew what to expect.

"We are going to need the soul lamp." Di Jun butted in only to watch as Die Feng drew their attention to the carved box on the shelf above Mo Yuans body.

"How were you able to retrieve it?" Ci Hang asked stunned because no one should have known about it.

"High God Zhe Yan got it." he replied before finally asking a question of his own.

"The fungal grass, was High God Zhe Yan able to attain it?" he asked becoming nervous because it was what he had been waiting for all morning having spent as much time as he could cultivating his energy in order to make it.

"Yes he did, however this is a soul rescue, your cultivation is not high enough, I will make it." Di Jun said as his eyes fired.  It seemed that Zhe Yan had done more than enough to get the man to this point, and seeing as he had more than enough cultivation to spare and wanting to do something useful he immediately had Di Feng lead him to the elixir chamber while Ci Hang followed behind to keep an eye on him.

Both men knew exactly what was needed to be done once the elixir was made, and having Ci Hang there, was a blessing that Die Feng was truly grateful for, because had they not arrived, he had only simple instructions to follow, he had no one to turn to if something went wrong and as he breathed a big sigh of relief, he watched on as Di Jun emptied over half his cultivation into the chamber.