Change of Plans

The Celestial Heavens

Racing through the corridors, Su Jin was definitely aided by the power source which left a streak of dark energy sparks in her wake as she flrew through the main entrance of Taichen Palace.  By the time Di Juns guards were aware of her, she was already inside the archives and screaming as she raced back out again.

She did not need to read the air to know that a very powerful spell had been used to get Ci Hang out of there, only by the time she made it to the main gates which were still heavily guarded, Ci Hang and his accomplice had gone.  

And she knew he had one, otherwise he would have escaped by now only whoever had set him free, had come with an kind of magic she was unfamiliar with, and that person was perhaps in the same league as Ci Hang and what she also felt was there was more than one accomplice because the lingering energy from three different sources could still be felt even well after she had left Di Juns Palace.

Not once since taking the power source, did Su Jin ever consider the laws she had already broken to get Ye Hua back, and not once did she ever consider the ramifications of taking on dark magic that was far too powerful for a mere Immortal.  Instead she plowed ahead with her sole goal of marrying into Ye Huas harem, only he needed to be there for it, so she was prepared to do whatever she had to do, regardless of those she hurt along the way.

 Furious but not yet ready to admit defeat, Su Jin quickly went over the plans she had discussed with Haode and though he did not give her permission to carry them out, he did not refuse her either.  In fact, he was so stunned by what he had heard that she had rendered him momentarily speechless.  Only she did not know that, instead she took his silence to mean that he was agreeable with what she was doing. 

In truth, Haode had been absolutely stunned by how dangerous the girl had become and not being in a position to stop her, he had instead sent Ci Hangs own maid Xuilan to rescue him should he have found himself in difficulties which is exactly what the elderly maid had done.

Taking with her a lightning rod, one that he had taught her to use should the Celestial Heavens ever find themselves at war and their barriers breached and with the lightening rod came a spell that fully opened it a magic as old as time itself.  She was not taught where the source of it came from, but she knew exactly how to wield it and the moment she arrived in Taichen Palace to find Ci Hang inured and Lord Si Ming struggling to get him onto his feet, she immediately took over.

With the lightning rod she released the spell which instantly threw out a thick and impregnable barrier.  It was soundless and undetectable even to Di Jun, but it was enough to also call a cloud and escape the Celestial Heavens unseen and unheard for Kunlun Mountain while barely avoiding Su Jin whose energy they could all feel as they fled through the corridors.

Initially, Su Jin had wanted to use a few accomplices to kidnap Ye Hua outright and drag him back, thus weakening the band of fugitives which Haodes men could then deal with.   She was powerful beyond measure and had already worked out a means in which to accomplish this, but with Ci Hang possibly heading to warn them, she did not have the time left, exspecially with High God Mo Yuan due to ressurrect in under two days time.

In fact her last visit to him, had not only seen him strengthen within his body, but she had a strong suspicion that the Medicine King of the Peach Tree Woods was aware of her attempt to prevent that High God from returning, because each time she entered that cave, he would snatch at the lamp.

So that saw her leaving each time having made no real progress and she was fast coming to the belief that she would not be able to influence Mo Yuan at all, because no sooner would she connect with him, then she would feel herself being blocked out. In the end, she decided to focus solely on Ye Hua and seeing as Haode had said nothing to stop her, her mind began to move very quickly.