The Odd One Out

Two weeks had passed and things seemed to be settling down for Su Su, who was the most unsettled of them all.  She knew she was much different to them all, in that they could all regulate their body heat whereas she needed the fire lit at night and the windows open in the day to let in the fresh air. 

And it was this that had seen her in a meeting with Ci Hang, and without Ye Hua because he did not want the boy influencing her answers or influencing her at all.  And he knew he would, because once he was able to sit down and get a feel for this woman, he could see the reticence in wanting to even look at him let alone talk, not to mention the way she kept looking at the door as if hoping he would walk in.  Su Su was no ordinary Mortal and he had met many, but what he found interesting and what made her different was the way her answers would sometimes be shy and demure, while at other times, he could feel Si Yin talking to him.

And it was here that he realized the seal was strong, but she was gaining strength behind the Mortal and he began to wonder if she might actually be strong enough to break it herself.  What she needed was a push, because the longer he looked at the seal and the lack of influence that Qing Cang now had over her having left that bed behind, the easier it would be for her to break it, and that meant giving her every bit of information he had and he began with the physical differences.

 Ci Hang had told her many things that she would experience including many changes to her body being in the presence of much higher beings whose energy would at times make her feel overwhelmed and dizzy which was true.  

Being in Mortal form, meant she was susceptible to lightheadedness due to their much higher energies and because there were four of them present and all of them fully open, she became a little too overwhelmed by it all.  And he also explained that this would not be a problem to her once she took back her Immortality.

But he also talked to her about the seal, which she had listened to very carefully.  In her Mortal self, she found it difficult to retain knowledge, but being a Master teacher, he was very patient with her and explained things in very simple terms so she would understand.

She learned that she was possibly sealed because of a kidnapping that happened when she was an Immortal and under the direct tutelage of High God Mo Yuan, a man she had called Shifu and one she had seen a few times in dreams.  And though she listened carefully and asked plenty of questions until she fully understood, she was afraid, because he had told her that the seal over her would have to be lifted.

And this was something she was very fearful of.   Only because the consequences of removing it were still unknown.  And that was where the majority of her questions lay.

"You said you didn't know for certain that I would take back my true form if the seal was lifted.  What are the dangers?" she'd asked.

Ci Hang was very much like Mo Yuan, in that he never lied, and nor did he sugar coat anything for her either, though he was always mindful that the simpleness of her mind needed to be taken into account, so he explained everything as simply as he could, while also informing her of the risks or removing the seal and not removing it.

"A seal like this has never been removed before, because this is the first time I have ever seen this kind of magic used this way." he said slowly which she nodded her head at.

"But I have seen this kind of spell and I have successfully destroyed it.  However, because the spell is attached to your mind, hence why the seal is in the middle of you head, it is very possible that you mind might be affected." he said softly and gently.

"How?" she asked.

"As I said, we don't really know what affect removing it might have because I never got to examine the power source I believe you are attached to, but you may actually lose your original memories.  You might also be forced into this state you are in permanently, and the worst case scenario is you may die." he said bluntly.