A Little Death

With his eyes closed, all Ye Hua and Bai Qian could hear was the soft mumbling of a chant, only to Ye Huas ears, this was old magic, something he had learned to listen for under Ci Hang and for a moment, he revelled in the power of it which he could feel. And the power was definitely something that had Ye Hua looking at his brother in a whole new light. What he was seeing was a man who not only gained centuries of higher knowledge, but there was an unmistakeable air of authority in the way he completely took over.

And despite the very serious situation he was in, Ye Hua felt exceptionally calm and at peace as Mo Yuans soft voice chanted what he now knew to be an ancient spell. He knew he should have been more concerned, after all, one did not just grab another mans child and start chanting over them, only he couldn't help but feel completely at ease as a slow building energy began to glisten from the top of his sons head.

Knowing to remain quiet, Bai Qian moved straight into Ye Huas outstretched arm where she watched in fascination as her son not only seemed to be glowing, but there wasn't a single whimper as Mo Yuan continued to open the seed he had laid within him moments before he was born.

This was something he had yet to explain to Ye Hua, but once done, his eyes slowly flickered open while his head remained bowed for a moment while he brought himself back to where he had gone. Then once feeling stable, Mo Yuan slowly rose with Er Li before carrying him to his mother where Bai Qian quickly took hold of him. He was perhaps the only man alive that she fully trusted with her son other than Ye Hua, so she did not bother to inspect him, though she did feel Ye Hua doing just that before eventually they all moved towards the main platform where Ye Hua normally sat alone.

Cushions were quickly dragged out from the large chest at the base of his bed, then spreading them out, they all sat down where Mo Yuan then began to explain what happened back then and what he had just done.

"As you know, my spirit scattered when I entered the Bell of East Emperor. Over the long years I struggled to piece my soul back together, until you arrived to assist me." he said looking at his brother with a tenderness in his eyes that felt so painful that Ye Hua was forced to lower his own least he cry, because the emotion in them was just as powerful as the chant he had just listened to.

"I remember." Ye Hua confirmed it but this was something he had not spoken of to anyone, not even Ci Hang, because back then he had not really understood it, because he had assumed it was a dream, one that remained with him for much of his childhood, and even then, he felt uncomfortable speaking of it. Instead he left it at that and continued to listen.

"It is no coincidence that our energies are similar, after all we are of the same blood, the sons of the very man and woman who were created in the chaos, but what you obviously do not realize, is our souls are also very similar, it is the only reason why you were able to assist me. Was it not, you would never have made it into chaos let alone back out again." Mo Yuan said smiling at him.

"So, it is especially lucky for you that our souls are similar, because a little part of your soul was left with me and this was because you yourself struggled in that place to assist me, your soul too was battered and it was why you were unable to remain for long periods of time. However, that little piece of your soul that you left behind, I took into myself. It was how I was able to find my way out again." he said with a look in his eye that had Ye Hua sitting up much straighter. He knew that what he had just said, was the important piece of information that was going to save his life, but as yet, he had not worked it out.

"Now as i said before, my soul scattered and not just in the chaos. When the Bell exploded, some pieces of my soul were thrown through space, one of which you found. Perhaps it was fate that led you to that particular world, I mean of the trillions of places that you could have gone, you not only chose that world, but that exact island where my soul piece had lain for centuries waiting for me to find it."