100 Ways - Part 1

It didn't take too long for the maids to rustle up a quick meal and fresh tea, and by the time they returned with their dinner, Ye Hua had already lit the hearth and candles while Bai Qian had a little fun exploring the small chamber for whatever else she could find, though the smell of food soon had her setting up the small table so they could eat.  She hadn't realized just how hungry she was seeing as she barely ate anything at the banquet and by the time the meal was had and her body warmed sufficiently from the inside out, then she was more than ready to fall into bed.

 Night was well and truly on them and though the Celestial Heavens never really felt the movement of the seasons, a lit hearth had always given him a feeling of peace which he noticed had also affected the mood the moment the flames began to take on a life of their own.

Her movements seemed far less rigid and her face less pinched.  Under the glow of the lit hearth and a smattering of candles, her face seemed to glow as she quickly set about pulling the thick quilt out of the wooden chest at the base of the bed, then moving to the back of the chamber, she pulled out a handpainted room divider she had seen earlier.

"Who painted this?" she asked in awe as a beautiful mountain scenery was unveiled.

Standing in the middle of the room with a divider between them, she couldn't see the sudden rise of a blush spreading across his cheeks as the memory of that painting brought back an art lesson that had seen him graduate under his Shifu.  It had taken him exactly eight hours to paint and was a part of Mount Junji which actually wasn't too far from the little cabin where they had met.  

And not only had Ci Hang considered it a master piece, he was actually going to place it on the main podium for his Grandfathers birthday banquet.  Embarrassed and unwilling to share this little talent of his that he had managed to keep private, one of the few luxuries he'd had that no one other than Ci Hang knew about, he had quickly hidden it away before informing Ci Hang it had been accidently broken by one of the maids and so it had remained that way until now.

Now staring straight back at the pair of large doe eyes that were peeking around the edge of the maspterpiece, he quickly put on a feigned look of disinterest.

"Qian Qian.  Why are you even pulling that out?  We have no need for a divider." he stated flatly before using a little magic to put it back where she had found it.

Staring at the divider which was now back against the far wall, and then back at him, she thought she caught a little amusement in his eyes along with something else that had her edging towards the bed.

"Don't think I'm not still angry with you Ye Hua." she replied, before turning her back to him.

"Qian Qian.  Let's not fight anymore hmmm....?" he asked as he quickly began to close the gap. 

She had been smiling not long ago, and now she was back to being like this again, and he was tired of it.  Forcing her to turn around, he then pulled her into his arms.  He thought she might push him away again, but it was all it took to have her head slowly leaning in to rest against his chest.

"Alright.  But I ....."

"But nothing.  There is plenty of time for us talk, but right now, I would like to hold my wife.  In that bed." he whispered against the top of her head as he deftly pulled the sash to her dress apart before slipping it off her body.

Then leaning in behind her, he threw the blanket back before gently guiding her towards the bed.

"Get in." he ordered softly seeing as she that stubbornness was beginning to rise again.

"Ye Hua.  Er Li is alone in your bed, don't you think..."

"No I don't.  Get in." he ordered again and this time forcing her around half dressed and with no choice but to obey.