When Energy Collides

Somewhere......

On her side and clutching at her belly, Su Su groaned as a sharp pain flickered across her abdomen. It was short, sharp and exceptionally painful. But it eased away after a few seconds until it was gone. She knew her state of mind and emotions were unsettling for their child and gathering that was why she was in pain, she began to breath deeply in order to calm herself down.

"I'm sorry little one. Mother is just a little stressed. I didn't mean to upset you..." she whispered to her baby which she could feel moving about inside her womb.

"Once father has the crystal, all will be well.." she said softly as her heartbeat slowed down and her breathing began to ease to a gentle rhythm.

"Of course, you are far more important to us both, so don't fret." she said in her soft song like voice that she always used for her child.

She loved to talk to him, sing songs or just make up silly rhymes and riddles so he would know her voice. She had read about that in the books Ye Hua had given her to read on pregnancy so she talked to her child often.

"Tomorrow, if the weather is calmer, I want to take a walk on the beach. The gemstones have all lost their colour, but I think its just because they are cold. Maybe we can search for pretty shapes together, then bring them back to warm them up." she said before gasping harshly as another pain hit her abdomen.

Clutching at her belly, her heartbeat once again sped up. Flashes of light hit her eyes this time before the pain subsided again and the flash of light disappeared.

Becoming afraid, she lay stunned and unmoving while wondered what it could mean. She knew she had been a little rough on her body during her struggle with Ye Hua, but it surely it shouldn't have caused this much pain, she thought to herself.

Breathing deeply, she curled up before the warmth of the fire. Her clothing was still damp, but they were not uncomfortable but as another sharp pain hit, the flash of light she saw earlier almost blinded her.

Now afraid and not knowing what was happening or where Ye Hua was, she began to cry as another sharp pain hit.

______

Mount Junji

For several days Ci Hang had sat in deep meditation outside the house rather than inside. The house itself was the spell, but he needed to be outside of it in order to fully see every single strand of energy that Ye Hua had woven over it. If he was going to find them, then he had no choice but to follow each thread and there were thousands of them.

Every single one of them were pathways that led to nowhere except for one. And it was the One he was searching for via his meditative state. So far he had traversed over two hundred energy threads, and there were several hundreds to go, but so far he had come up against a void of empty air.

Frustrated but in awe of Ye Huas magical capabilities that not even he knew how to weave, he refused to give up and nor did he take any sustenance. And having met dead ends time and time again, he decided to try a different tactic. And that being the actual magic he had used.

The initial spell was his own, so he knew that much but to alter it, one needed to use energy and it was the energy he began to focus on rather than the threads or even where they led. And as he delved in deeper he began to realize that each thread or pathway, throbbed at the same frequency, and as that thought hit, he wondered if perhaps the one thread he was searching for was perhaps vibrating at an even higher frequency, which it would need to be in order to remain hidden.

Becoming excited, Ci Hang, then changed his tactic again. If he was to find an even higher frequency, then he needed to increase his own core frequency which took a lot of power, concentration and even cultivation to achieve and as he began the chant that would assist him, his mind remained on Ye Hua and his mind that he was only now learning just how brilliant he truly was as a faint flicker of energy began to flare out from the threads of energy towards him.