Punishment

Leaving Haodes private chamber where Bai Zhi and The Empress met with him along with Lord Pua, the meeting was kept brief but to the point which was how both men preferred things.  And though Bai Zhi could have insisted that the meeting be held publicly seeing as he was adopting one of their own members into their family, thus creating a new Princess among their ranks, he instead took it to the privacy of Haodes chamber.  The last thing he wanted was a show, even more so for Haodes sake seeing as he was the one who would have to take it on the chin.

"But she will still face punishment as is appropriate for her lack of good judgement." Bai Zhi said which raised Haodes brows considerably.

Suddenly Haodes eyes narrowed angrily.  He had just learned of the contract which Cheng Yu had yet to sign, and seeing as the deal was a done deal, he felt as if he had just been shafted because the fugitive Cheng Yu and now political prisoner had gone from a criminal to a woman who lacked good judgement and he was not about to let her off that easily.

"You're damned right she will face punishment.  I suffered exceptional pain and extraordinary humiliation before the entire world.  I demand lightening bolts at the very least." Haode angered as what Bai Zhi was proposing hit.

Stepping forward, Lord Pua immediately set about easing the mans temper which had the ability to go from ice to inferno in a second which he was more than prepared for having already discussed with Bai Zhi the laws surrounding an assault on the Heavenly Ruler and the appropriate punishment for one of rank, which Cheng Yu would now hold.

"Punishment still stands your Majesty and Lightening bolts are appropriate for her crime.  But as explained, she is now in a position to bargain down the severity."  He said before quickly finishing before Haode could jump back in seeing as he was about to.

"The inital punishment was Lightening bolts of which no number had been set, as they would have continued until she died.  Now however, the minimum amount that one with her level of cultivation can cope with before death takes he, is thirty six bolts of lightning.  And this is what I have set her punishment at." he continued and seeing as Haodes mind was quickly working out in his head the affect that would have on her, The Empress finished the rest for him.

"She will not die, because as my daughter I demand that she continue to live, though she will be in immense pain which as you know, the body must endure for three days and nights before healing can take place.  I think this is more than appropriate considering she did not intentionally set out to hurt you." she said a forcing Haode to look at her.

Furious but fully understanding the predicament he was in, he could barely look at her.  If he refused and demanded that the girls life be taken regardless of her recklessness, he would risk offending the Foxes.   And not only that, he would also risk offending Bai Qian, who was already in place to take the title of Crown Princess and being the Queen of Qing Qiu, he could not risk losing her either.

He may have had a soft spot for Cheng Yu and the predicament she was in, and he may have also tried to find a way to save her life, but being forced to by outsiders who were just as powerful as he was, was a whole different story and he did not like it one bit.

But after several minutes of contemplating his options, he soon came to the conclusion that he didn't have any and this was one time when he really would have to allow fate to lead, which is what he could see it was.  That his second son was was in love with her and had broken every protocol and law to protect her, while forcing him into a position of powerlessness to do anything about it, had to be fate.  And that was exactly what he conceded to in the end.

"In that case, so be it." he said tiredly and laying his head back down onto the pillow and just wanting to be left alone.

"Then we will go ahead with the punishment for her before I return in regards to Ye Hua." Lord Pua said softly before bowing out.