A Whisper in the Dark

The Celestial Palace

Making her way quietly to the Infirmary, Su Jin ignored the sudden yelps and harsh intakes of breath as she pushed her way though the guards lining the corridors.  Many had returned from the Realms in their search for Cheng Yu and Lian Song, but the sudden ill wind that flew past them and almost knocking them off their feet, had many stumbling in her wake as she marched purposefully towards her husband unseen.   

Haode had thought she would pass on his message and then give them the spell to uplift the power source which he wanted taken to his own Palace and hidden away for a later time when he had a chance to really study it.

Only Su Jin was never one for studying, not when it could be put to practical use.  Her husband wanted the two women while she wanted Ye Hua and having used the spell to not only access Di Juns archives to strengthen the disguise spell, she had then set out to find the Mortal and Cheng Yu. 

And having just left them to return to the Palace, only a few minutes had passed which had her lightly giggling to herself now that she had full control of the power source, Haode, that Mortal and now Ye Hua.

Entering the infirmary, she sent out a flash of energy to throw the medicine king from the chamber before raising a barrier behind her.  The enormous amount of cultivation she had gained had literally increased her energy levels to astronomical proportions.  She was now the most powerful woman in the world.  Not only could she move unseen and unheard, but she could take on the disguise of anyone living or dead.  And with a direct link to Qing Cang himself, she even had the ability to take his magical knowledge, only she had not yet figured that out.  In fact there was so much more that she could do with this power only she had one plan in mind.

She had no care what so ever for the danger this power would have over her, and nor did she care about the rest of the world which the power could help, instead she lifted the invisibility barrier around herself and confidently made her way to the man asleep on the bed.

"Husband, I am back." she called down at the face that was etched in pain and trying hard to breathe slowly and calmly, which the Medicine King ordered him to do.

Opening his eyes, Haode looked up at his last wife with soft gaze.  Initially he had only taken her in because he felt sorry for her, and over the years he had pampered her as an only daughter.  He denied her nothing, all he asked for was her loyalty, and though he loved her as a daughter, he had never fully trusted her.  There had been times when he had seen the manipulative and ruthless side of her, so he was always careful with how much of himself he gave to her, but as he looked up at the small smile, he suddenly shivered.  There was something not quite right with her.

"You are back earlier than I expected.  Did you pass on my message?" he asked.

Shaking her head, she took the liberty of sitting on the bed beside him.

"No husband I did not.  I used the spell to find Ye Hua myself and I have returned with good news." she said measuring her words carefully.

And there it was.   He could feel the darkness swirling the moment she opened her mouth.   Her eyes were shining brightly as she looked down at him, but it was the dark energy he could feel swirling off her, and suddenly he did not like what he saw.  But wanting to know where his Grandson was, and what her terms were seeing as he had read her expression correctly, he waited quietly for her to finish.

"I know where they are hiding, I also know that his Mortal is the fugitive Si Yin.  Cheng Yu and Lian Song are also with them and they are being protected by Di Jun and Ci Hang." she told him slowly so he understood every word while leaving out one very important piece of news.  She had no intention of informing him of High God Mo Yuans return, because to do so would put her entire plan in jeopardy which she planned to deal with next.