Not so Docile

Southern Guangxi.

"Well as you heard, that was Si Yin speaking." Di Jun stated the obvious and with a look Ci Hang had not seen in years.  

"I sense excitement." he replied with a look not much different to his own.

Si Yin had certainly had an impact on Ci Hang, especially seeing as he had come to the know the Mortal.  It was his first real look a the Immortal, and though he was not impressed with the lack of manners and respect, he was impressed with her lack of fear, especially considering that no Immortal of either low or dark realms, would have dared to address Di Jun the way that she had done.

And going by the sudden sharp raised voice they could hear coming from Ye Huas chamber, he too was not impressed.

"Her argument is right from a Mortals point of view, because as you know, we do not normally hold them accountable for breaking Heavens laws, if anything, they are normally exempt from them.  However, because it is Ye Hua she had married, there really is no way out than the options I gave her." Di Jun said and not without a hint of compassion in his tone, because he was genuinely sorry to have to be the one to deliver such news when all he really wanted to do was return to the Ninth Heavens and his life which to him, was full and busy.

Sighing, Ci Hang tried to ignore the shrill voice that was now close to tears while quickly turning his attention to Cheng Yu who looked to be seeking some kind of solace after what had just happened.

"Go and fetch the child." Di Jun said softly with the thought of freeing him from his parents argument that seemed to gathering in strength as well as intending to look him over.  

Children were never his softest point, in fact Di Jun avoided them at all cost, because he had no idea what to say to them most of the time, and being a baby was no different.  However, being the son of the Crown Prince and one Ci Hang had misgivings about, but had yet to state them, now was a better time than any to see for himself what was bothering him and he could see something was the moment Cheng Yu left to fetch him.

"Before you say anything, let me look at him first." he said with a small smile in his direction.

Chuckling softly to himself, Ci Hang knew nothing escaped his attention, so he didn't bother to deny he had misgivings, but he was interested to see what Di Jun made of the child and it wasn't too long before Cheng Yu returned with Er Li in her arms and clinging tightly to her fingers while staring straight up at her.  

Technically, he was only a few weeks old in Mortal Realm years, but even in Immortal terms, he was considered newborn even though Immortal babies grew much quicker in terms of mental development than Mortal babies.  So to see the child looking at her with awareness seemed rather strange even to Di Jun.

"Sit down with him in your arms and try to keep his attention on you." Di Jun ordered as a seat was suddenly thrust out towards her and a loud crash came from the chamber which they all did their best to ignore.

Whimpering a little in her arms, she instantly put on a soft smile and began to sing a lullaby, one she had once known when she was little.  And as her soft sweet voice began to drown out the sounds of what seemed to be a battle coming from that bed chamber, Di Jun opened his inner eye and magic to scan the baby very slowly but thoroughly.  It was done so gently and so subtly that Er Li was completely unaware of him.  His little eyes, began to droop and the tension in his grip began to loosen as the soothing gentle energy moved through his body at a slow yet steady pace.

Once done, Di Jun ordered her to take the child back to her own chamber to sleep and then to return to the main den where he would talk to her and Lian Song together and in private.