1

Ben

Chaos. It is complete and utter chaos on set today, for multiple reasons. For starters it is our first day of filming. And of course Bryan Singer, the director of Bohemian Rhapsody, has decided that he wants to film the Live Aid scenes the first day. On top of that, Brian May made an announcement how Aria Song Mercury, the daughter of the one and only Freddie Mercury, would be coming by. 

My nerves are everywhere, Bryan's nerves are everywhere, and my friend Joe Mazzello's (who plays John Deacon) nerves are definitely everywhere. I am currently watching him pace around and mutter things to himself.

"Are you alright, mate?" I ask him.

He holds up a finger to me as he continues to pace. I currently sit, underneath a white tent for the actors, watching all of the mayhem go down. I don't know if everyone is so uptight because we are filming Live Aid or if everyone is uptight because Aria is coming. Probably a mixture of both.

Suddenly Joe stops his pacing right in front of me. He sighs heavily and dramatically. "Well this is it. I'm going to get fired,"

I roll my eyes. "Oh stop. Why do you say that?"

He gives me a look as to say I should know why. "Aria is coming on the worst possible day. She's probably going to look at me and say 'hmm no' and then that's it. I'll be fired," Joe flails his arms around. 

I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous Joe sounds right now. 

"Stop being ridiculous," I tell him.

"I'm being reasonable,"

"You're acting like a loony,"

A distressed Gwilym Lee, who plays Brian May, walks into the tent, rubbing his hands on his pant legs. 

"This is it," he states. "I'm going to get sacked,"

"See? It's completely reasonable," Joe says.

"What if I can't remember my lines? Or what if I forget how to play the guitar? Or what if she just doesn't like me?" Gwilym worries out loud.

"Hey," I say when Rami Malek walks in under the tent. "At least you're not playing her father,"

I chuckle slightly at Rami's reaction.

"Oh fuck off," he says to me. He runs a finger over the fake mustache he has on. "At least I met her,"

I forgot that Rami had to meet Aria. I know Brian May and Roger Taylor had a huge say in who gets what role, but I forgot Aria wanted to approve specifically who was playing Freddie. I believe they've also been working together to perfect Rami's 'Freddie'.

"Is she scary?" Joe asks, worriedly.

Rami laughs and shakes his head. "I think the thought of her is more scary than she actually is,"

"But she does have the power to sack us," Gwilym points out.

"That's why we're filming Live Aid first,"

Joe, Gwilym, and I all look at each other.

"What?" I ask.

"Aria pointed out that we should perform together first just to make sure that we have chemistry," Rami explains nonchalantly. 

"So let's say I don't fit in with you guys..."Joe starts slowly. "she'll fire me?"

Rami shrugs. "Honestly probably not, but I would rather not find out," he laughs darkly. 

I hear the chaos intensify for a hot moment. People chatter and scurry around. Bryan then pops his head in to the tent. 

"She's here," he announces, and then leaves before we can ask any questions.

The four of us remain in silence for a couple moments before we make our way out of the tent. I start to feel a little anxious myself, for various reasons. Maybe I just caught on to Joe and Gwilym's nerves. 

Joe stops and pulls us to a halt as well. 

"Listen, whatever happens let's just release our inner rockstar and go for it," he says.

We form a small huddle and all hug each other, our nerves now mixing with excitement. The moment we release we look over to the stage and see a group of people all huddling around one girl: Aria. She looks over at us briefly, before dropping her gaze to the floor. 

I can't help but notice her exotic look. I see the resemblance of Freddie in her clearly, with the dark hair and eyes, as well as her complexion and thick eyebrows. She essentially is a female version of him, but prettier. 

Bryan turns and waves to us, beckoning us to come over. We do, quite slowly and timidly might I add.

"Boys," He says when we join the group. "This is Aria Mercury,"

Aria smiles at us and outstretches her hand for all of us to shake.

"Aria you remember Rami, and then this is Gwilym, Joe, and Ben,"

I am the last to shake Aria's hand. Her touch is warm and comforting. I smile at her and she returns it. I can really study her face now and just how pretty she really is.

Joe nudges my side, harshly, and I realize I am still holding Aria's hand. I quickly let it go, hoping no one else noticed.

"I'm excited to be here," Aria says. Her voice is soft, yet I'm sure she has her father's powerful vocals. "You all are going to do an amazing job,"

"We are looking forward to working with you and again if you have any suggestions about anything at all, your opinion is always welcome," Bryan tells the girl.

"I think Rami and I will be spending a lot more time together. I'd like to take on personally coaching him," she laughs. "But I want to get to know each of you," she directs at us.

"We'd love to," Joe says. I can feel his nerves relax ever so slightly.

"Let's set up the first shot then, yeah?" Bryan asks.

The group breaks up and we all go our separate ways. Aria stays talking with Brian and Roger and I go to walk away, but turn around to take one last look at her. She catches my eye and smiles. I panic and smile back, turning around and walking onto stage. My face is ten shades redder than what it should be.

"What are you so flustered about?" Joe whispers to me when we get on stage.

I shake my head. "Nothing," I respond. 

We get into positions and I take a seat at the drums. Why did my face heat up like that? I have a girlfriend so it's not like I want to date Aria. Maybe her presence was too overwhelming or perhaps I caught Joe and Gwilym's nerves. Either or, I brush it off and get ready to film the first ever scene of Bohemian Rhapsody.

...

Thank you for reading everyone :)