Epilogue

One year and three months later

Aria

Standing with my back to the large mirror in the room, I turn my head slightly so I can attempt to see the back of my dress. The lace covers my shoulders and upper back in floral designs, eventually leading to a pure white train with the same lace laying over top of it. I'm pleased to see that there are no blemishes are rips in it. I had been panicking over it all day. 

"It looks beautiful, Aria," Lucy tells me, causing me to turn and face her. She stands by the door in a light pink, vintage looking dress that just barely skims the ground. "You look beautiful," 

I smile at her.

"So do you," I tell her. 

Lucy grins. She opens her mouth to say something else but she's cut off by a scuffle behind her. Luke, Rufus, and Jimmy all appear, dapper as ever in their tuxedos. Yes, I asked them to be my bridesmaids alongside Lucy and Tigerlily. I knew I wanted them in my bridal party after we went dress shopping together. Surprisingly, they gave me amazing advice on picking out the perfect dress which eventually led me to wear the one I am now. 

"Wow," the three of them gawk all at once. 

I roll my eyes. 

"Thanks," I reply, awkwardly. 

I turn my whole body so I can face myself in the mirror. My hair is curled and pulled back into a low bun, a couple strands of hair falling in delicate spirals in my face. My makeup is minimal, only just enough to accentuate my features. I want to save the heavy makeup for when Heirs performs and my wedding day makeup to be light and airy. 

"Everyone's ready when you are, Aria," Rufus tells me gingerly.

I lock eyes with him through the mirror and smile.

"Okay," I answer. "I'll be out in a second," 

The three boys hesitate a moment before nodding and exiting the room, leaving only Lucy and I once more. 

"Do you want a minute alone?" she asks me. 

I do and I don't. I don't want to be alone, but I need to collect my thoughts. I'm overwhelmed with emotions and my brain can't seem to sort out everything that's going on. 

I nod. 

Lucy smiles and comes over to me, delicately wrapping her arms around my neck. I hug her back lightly before both of us pull away. 

"I'll wait right outside for you," she tells me, and then turns away and walks out of the room, shutting the door behind her. 

The silence that engulfs me is almost unbearable. The only thing I can hear is my staggered breathing and the blood rushing to my ears. I shouldn't be this anxious. I shouldn't feel the way I'm feeling on my wedding day. But yet here I am, unable to control the anxiety attack that's coming over me. 

This isn't how it should be. Both of my parents should be here, but especially Dad since he's the one I grew up with. He taught me so much in such a short amount of time and I continue to learn more and more from Brian, Roger, and Deaky even. There's so much of him in myself that sometimes I learn about him just from being me. I can't explain it, but sometimes my small mannerisms make me think Dad would do the same. 

I know he passed a while ago and I know I was young when he did, but it still hurts. Losses are never easy, no matter how old or young you are. They suck. There's no other word for it. 

The door to my room cracks open, Brian just barely popping his head in. He smiles but it quickly vanishes when he sees the expression on my face.