78

I wrote this entire chapter listening to Purple Rain on repeat

...

Ben

"Why do you always look so dashing?" Aria asks me as I pose for a picture with Joe and Gwilym at a pre-SAG awards party. 

"He really does look dashing doesn't he?" Allen asks from besides Aria. She giggles. 

After our picture is taken, I'm quick to return to Aria's side. I swiftly wrap my arms around her waist and pick her up, spinning her around. 

"You're too much," Aria laughs when I put her down. 

I don't know what overcomes me, but I lean down and whisper in her ear, "Do you want to get out of here?"

She looks at me, biting her lip. She nods. 

I grab her hand.

"We're going to get back. Feeling a bit tired. We want to rest before tomorrow," I say to Joe, Gwil and Allen. We've been here for hours already so I'm not blowing them off. I'm just leaving a little early to spend time with my girlfriend before the night gets too late. 

"Oh I'm sure you do," Joe says sarcastically. 

"Be safe!" Allen yells after us as Aria and I scamper out of the party. 

"Wrap it before you tap it!" Gwilym yells. 

I was not expecting those words to come out of Gwilym's mouth, especially not in the middle of a party. Aria laughs out loud, but I feel my cheeks heat from embarrassment. 

Luckily our hotel is only a block away from the party. Aria and I run all the way there, laughing like idiots. It's like we're kids who just snuck out of their parents house to go have some fun. 

As soon as we're in our hotel room, the door slams behind us. My lips are on Aria's quicker than I can even say her name. My hands fumble to her back, undoing the zipper than holds her dress in place. Her hands find my jacket and tear it off. We wind up leaving a trail of clothes all through the suite.

I don't know what's gotten into us. My lips attach to her and leave little marks almost everywhere. I also know I'll leave marks on her hips from where I hold her. But in my defense Aria's nails dig into my back leaving trails of scratches so we're even.

Maybe it's the full moon, maybe it's just the awards seasons, but whatever it is I've never made love like this. Something about the way Aria moves with me. The way her hands mess up my hair, the way her lips feel on my skin. Everything is just perfect. 

God I'm so smitten.

...

The only thing keeping me calm right now, is Aria's hand in mine. We currently sit at our table at the SAG awards. I've been nervous all night because I have never been nominated for an award as big as this one before. I know technically it's not just me being nominated, but still I'm part of that spectacular group. 

"Your hand feels like a dead fish," Aria whispers to me. 

"Please don't let go," I whisper back quickly. 

She giggles. "Don't worry. I wasn't planning on it," 

Aria stifles a yawn. She's probably exhausted from last night. Jo, her makeup artist, was horrified when she saw what a number I did on her neck. I didn't realize it was that bad until I saw it when the two of us woke up. I left marks quite literally all over her body. It was an innocent mistake really...

"I'm still miffed I had no speaking parts during our presentation," I complain just loud enough for the table to hear. 

Joe laughs. "The SAG awards director was basically like 'alright Bennie boy, just stand there and look sexy'," 

I roll my eyes. 

"Well I certainly enjoyed it," Aria tells me, squeezing my hand gently. 

The lights flicker indicating that we're about to go on air again. The room calms down and goes silent, and the next presenter, Rachel Weisz, comes out on stage. 

She introduces the nominees for best actor. I squeeze Aria's hand, feeling nervous for Rami. All of the actors nominated are so talented. 

"And the SAG award goes to..." she says after a highlight of each actor is presented. Rachel opens up the envelope. "Rami Malek," 

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Our table all stands up and erupts into cheers and applause. Rami hugs Lucy first, then Graham. His eyes search around a little before landing on Aria. He swiftly comes over to us, Aria leaving my side to meet him half way. I smile at the two of them because I know how proud of each other they are. Aria considers Rami to be her long lost brother. 

I sit back down and watch in awe as Rami accepts his award and makes his speech. He speaks beautifully, as usual. This man truly deserves it. Not that the other actors don't, but I've seen how hardworking Rami has put into this and I would vouch for him any day. 

I also think Rami's performance is reflective of how Aria coached him. Not that Aria is responsible for Rami's win, but she's definitely part of it. Everything Rami did as Freddie Aria had some sort of input. Literally everything. It was maddening and I wasn't even involved in it. Sure Aria helped me and the other lads out, but not to the extent of Rami. The two of them created something beautiful and I'm beyond excited for Aria to have been nominated for the special BAFTA award. She deserves it, not for being Freddie Mercury's daughter, but for all the shit she had to do. Between coaching Rami, dealing with Bryan Singer, and literally putting the whole movie together, she deserves so much more. 

I get lost in my thoughts and I hardly notice Jodie Foster come out to present the SAG award to the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture award. 

She re-reads the nominees again, since they were already announced earlier along with highlights of each performance.  

"And the SAG award goes to.." Jodie says, opening up the envelope. "Black Panther," 

My heart sinks. I think all of ours do at this table. But we all applaud nonetheless. Their cast did a spectacular job after all. 

Aria leans into my side, probably trying to comfort me. I glance at her, and then around this table. And in this moment I realize, I don't need an award to prove we were the best cast. These people are my family and some of the best friends I could have ever asked for, not to mention all the countless memories we've encountered. I really love these people. 

I've already won.