82

I changed some things from real life because this is how I would have liked to have seen it lol

...

The Finale Part 2/3

Aria

It was very obvious Ben didn't sleep the entire plane ride. When I met him and Gwil at the airport to pick them up, him and Gwil were delirious. It was quite funny actually. Almost as funny as the videos they were posting. I'll admit I was a little jealous when I saw Ben cuddling with Gwilym on the plane while watching Bohemian Rhapsody. But I was also happy because they're excitement for the weekend was so obvious it warmed my heart. I mean, these two grown men were so excited for something they couldn't sleep. It's cute. 

Joe, however, thought differently. He had me take picture of him and Cardboard Ben in retaliation to Gwilym's post. I find the whole thing incredibly amusing, even if him and Gwil are fighting over my boyfriend. I'll allow it. 

I'm just happy to be reunited with the whole cast for one last celebration. The pre-Oscars party last night flew by. I could only go to part of it because Brian, Roger, Luke and I needed to practice one last time to make sure everything is perfect. But I'm still glad I got to go. 

As I walk the red carpet now with Luke, Rufus and Jimmy, we feel all eyes on us. I feel the pressure rising in my chest, but at the same time it feels...comfortable. I've been in the spotlight for years now, but never like this. Yet I feel like I can own this and I feel confident in my abilities on stage. I find my excitement starting to outweigh my nerves. 

"This is crazy," Rufus breathes out as we trek on. 

"It really is," Jimmy agrees. 

At one point Lady Gaga stops us to tell us she'll be our biggest supporter. She also mentioned how we should do a duet together. I told her we should wait to see how tonight goes first with the performance, but she said she just knows that it's going to be amazing. 

Somewhere up the way, I split off from the rest of Heirs. We took our photos together and we even got pulled into an interview. But right now I need to be with my Bohemian Rhapsody cast. 

"I guess Ben didn't get the memo for the black jacket?" I joke when I join Ben, Allen, Gwilym and Joe. Ben holds up a finger to me and whips out a pair of sunglasses from his jacket pocket. He puts them on and makes this fuck-boy face. "I can't handle you," I tell him. He kisses me gingerly on my temple and takes me hand, his sunglasses still on. 

"Male friends always have an odd one out," Allen says. 

"Don't act like you don't love it," Ben says to me. 

I roll my eyes. "Okay, Roger, where's Ben?" I joke. 

"You missed our interview before where Ben admitted that he would turn for Roger," Gwilym pipes in. I turn to face Ben with my eyebrows raised. He gives me a sheepish smile and removes his sunglasses with his free hand. 

"Well have you seen him in the 70's? I mean you can't tell me you wouldn't fall for him.." Ben argues. 

To that I don't answer. 

The lot of us spend the next however many minutes walking the carpet as we near the entrance of the awards space. I pose for a couple pictures with them, as well as a couple pictures with just Ben. As I'm mid conversation with the boys, a man in an all black suite and an earpiece comes up to me. 

"Ms. Mercury, we're ready for you backstage," he says to me. He must be here to escort me for the performance. I take a deep breath and turn my attention away from him and to the boys.