28

I had planned to write this a lot earlier but I got caught up watching The Theory of Everything and cried...a lot lol

...

Ben

I'm finally on my way to pick Aria up. She's been at the studio for quite some time, at least five hours. I was hoping she would be quicker because of the surprise I had, but it worked out because I showered and actually got the surprise all ready. I was slightly concerned there would be an issue.

I hope she likes it. This could make or break our relationship.

I'm just kidding....Kind of.

I finally pull up to the studio. Aria waits outside. She waves when she sees me.

When I stop the car I quickly get out so I can open the door for Aria. 

"I have the surprise," I tell her. I walk over and give her a quick kiss. 

"Is it in the car?" Aria asks me, looking behind me to try and catch a glimpse. 

"Yes, she is," I say. Aria looks slightly concerned at my choice of words, but when I open the passenger side door she gasps.

"Oh my word," she says. 

Frankie, my puppy, comes barreling out and runs directly up to her to greet her new friend. Aria drops into a squat and pets my excited pup. 

"This is the best surprise," I hear Aria say, in between Frankie trying to give her a million kisses. 

I bend down so I am level with Aria. Now Frankie can't decide who she wants to give her attention to.

"I thought we could take her to the park? While it's still light outside anyways," I say. Aria nods in excitement.

It takes a couple of minutes for Frankie to actually calm down enough for us to get in the car. She sits on Aria's lap while we go to a park nearby. Hopefully it shouldn't be too crowded.

We make it there within a couple of minutes. I sigh from relief when I see only a couple of people there. Probably because the temperature is dropping, although I must admit I like the cooler weather. 

I park and then come around to open the door for Aria. I take the leash from her and Frankie jumps out. I extend my hand out to Aria and she takes it, shutting the car door. She laces her fingers through my own. 

"I didn't even know this park was here," she tells me. She reaches her other hand over so that she holds my upper arm as well. 

"Not many people do. It's kind of hidden," I say. 

We walk further into the park, to the gated section where I can let Frankie run loose. 

"She's adorable," Aria tells me when I let Frankie off of her leash. I throw a stick and she runs to go fetch it. "I thought Kat was taking care of her?"

"I called and asked to borrow her," I say. I sigh loudly. 

"She's your dog. You shouldn't have to ask,"

"It's just I have no where else to keep her besides with Kat. It's also hard too because, well, Kat and I got her together so I feel like she's part Kat's as well,"

Aria sighs next to me. "I get it," she says. I was nervous she would be upset or angry for some reason. "It's like having a child," she laughs. 

I smile sadly. "Sort of,"

We watch Frankie run around for quite some time. I find it relaxing, I just hope Aria does as well. Every now and then Frankie will come up to us and drop a stick near our feet, begging us to throw it.  Aria is always quick to grab it and throw it as hard as she possibly can. I look over at her every now and then, smiling as I watch her smile. At one point I reach over, tucking her hair behind her ear when the wind blows it all over. 

"You're beautiful," I tell her. "I don't think I ever told you that,"

She turns her head to me, her cheeks blushing. She leans in and kisses me. I don't know what it is, but I crave her. All the time. Not even in a sexual way either. Sure, I've thought about it but I'm in no rush.

"What do you say we order in tonight after dropping Frankie off? We can get Chinese or something," I ask Aria.

She bites her lip before saying, "Okay,"

...

"It's gross," Aria tells me. We sit on the floor eating our food, our backs up against the bed. 

I roll my eyes. "It is not," I say.

"It is too. Who likes that sauce on boneless ribs?"

"Don't knock it until you try it,"

"I am not trying that," she laughs.  She takes a bite of her rice. "You're insane,"

I purposely lock eyes with her as I pour this sauce we got all over my food. She makes a disgusted face. 

"You know," I say. "I thought you were raised vegetarian,"

"Because Brian is?" Aria asks. I shovel a fork full of food into my mouth and nod. "No, I mean he tried initially but I wasn't having it. Plus my body lacks nutrients that meat gives me,"

I give her a confused expression. "Really?"

"Yeah," she laughs. "I lack pretty much every vitamin there is," she takes a sip from the glass of water besides her. "And no it's not my dad's fault. I get questioned on that at almost every interview,"

"That your dad got you sick?"

"Yep. Which is false. My body is messed up on its own," she laughs darkly. 

"I never heard anything about that if it means anything,"

"It's died down since those rumors came out. That was maybe ten years ago and then it faded a couple years back,"

"Well then you better finish up all your chicken," I joke with her. She smiles at me, and then her eyes go wide and she quickly stands up, jogging to her suitcase.

"Ari?" I ask. She fiddles around with the zippers on her suitcase before tearing it open and grabbing a pen and a notebook out from the bottom of it. She scribbles furiously on the paper. "Ari?" I ask again, standing up slowly and carefully walking towards her. 

"Hold...on," she says softly, continuing to write before shutting her notebook. "There," she turns to face me. 

"What was that about?" I ask. I've never noticed her do that, but she's clearly had the notebook for a long time by the wear and tear of it. 

"I got an idea and I needed to write it down," she tells me. She tosses the notebook and pen in her open suitcase. 

"A song idea," she tells me nonchalantly. I didn't know she was writing. "I get them and need to write them down before they escape my mind,"

"Did you ever contact Rufus? I remember you telling me about him wanting to write music with you," I ask. 

"...no but I'm thinking about it," she says.

"I think you should. Especially now that I know you're writing music,"

"You think?"

"Yes Ari, I do," I reach out and place both my hands on her shoulders. "Do me and yourself a favor and reach out to him. Tomorrow,"

Aria sighs. "Okay," she agrees. "I will,"