5

Hello everyone! Please bear with me through this chapter. I have writers block but I'm trying to get to all of my good ideas so this isn't my best one but I have a lot of new things planned for this book ;) This chapter is important thought for background. I hope you like it xx

...

Ben

I have been trying to learn this bloody song for the past three hours and I cannot make it past the first verse. I sigh dramatically and throw a drum stick across the practice room. It hits the wall, chipping off a bit of paint. Great.

"You know you can get fined for that," I hear a familiar voice say. My body does the usual weird feeling when I hear her voice. Sure enough, Aria is in the doorway, looking at me. I can tell by her expression that she is only teasing me. 

"I'm beyond frustrated," I admit. I run a hand through my hair, tempted to pull it all out.

Aria comes further into the room and pulls a chair up so that she is sitting in front of me, and the drums. 

"Which part are you not getting?" she asks me.

I sigh. "Transitioning from the verse to the chorus. Theres this one section I can't master,"

"You know we can always shift the cameras so that they're not looking at you while you play that one part," 

"I know, but I would rather just master it. If I can't do it then I'll get lost the rest of the song,"

Aria cocks her head to the side, slightly. Her hair falls in her face but she moves it away effortlessly with her hand. 

"You're different Ben Hardy," she says. "You dedicate yourself a hundred percent to a role for your own personal satisfaction. That's more powerful than anything,"

I look down and smile a bit. "You think?" I ask. I never really thought about my motives, but I guess I would do it for me more than anything.

She nods. "I know. I can tell. If you please yourself you automatically won," she sighs. "I can teach you if you really want," 

"You know how to play?" I ask. I knew she could play other instruments but I never knew about the drums. 

"Roger taught me way back when. Brian raised me so I was always around the both of them," she says quietly. 

"I didn't know Brian raised you," I say. I move my chair slightly so that I can fully see her and she is not obstructed by the drums. 

She laughs. "Who did you think raised me?" she asks. 

I never really thought about it to be honest. There's always been rumors, but I never paid much attention.

"I don't know," I answer honestly.

"My mom left shortly after I was born. After dad passed Brian took me in,"

"That's amazing," I say, softly.

She nods. Her face is sad. My heart aches for her and I want to do nothing more than make her happy.

"I miss him a lot you know?" she says, talking about Freddie. "I have really bad nightmares and PTSD from his death and Brian's helped me a lot through it. It still sucks because I can't sleep, but knowing that he's there for me is enough to keep me sane,"

I go to say something, but no words come out. Instead I stand up and walk towards her, opening up my arms. She stands up and walks into my embrace.

She melts into me and I rub her back gently. I'm not terribly close to Aria, but when I'm around her I feel like telling her everything. It's like I'm becoming someone I'm not.

With Katriona it took me months to work up the courage to even hold her hand. With Aria, I want to hold her forever. 

Did I really just think that? Katriona should be who I want to hold forever. I'm horrible for even thinking otherwise. What's happening to me?

Aria pulls out of my hug. We stand inches apart from each other, not touching. 

"I haven't had a hug that good in forever," she says, laughing slightly.

"I don't know if this is the time to ask," the words fumble out of my mouth. "but would you want to hang out sometime? To get to know each other you know..."

She smiles and looks up at me. I can't help but smile back. I'm not close to her, but I want to be. Something about her draws me and I want to know what.

She nods. "Sure, we'll make plans when we're both free,"

I want to say something else but I am cut off.

"Well what do we have here?" I hear a voice say. Aria and I jump apart, out of shock and look to see who came in. It was Rami. Besides him are Joe and Gwilym. 

"Oh hush," Aria says. "right well I should get going. I need to find Bri," she shoots me a small smile before exiting the room, clearly avoiding talking to the other three nuisances who just ruined the moment. 

"What was that?" Joe asks, wiggling his eyebrows. 

I roll my eyes and go to sit back down by my drums. 

"Nothing," I say, pretending like it was normal encounter.But I find myself giddy and having trouble containing my emotions.