57

Aria

"What do you mean I don't have enough proof to sue?" I ask Graham King. I currently sit across from him and Jim Beach in a conference room in the studio we are editing Bohemian Rhapsody in. Brian and Roger are on their way, both beyond furious. 

"He technically hasn't done anything worth suing for. By the books anyways..." Graham says. He runs a hand over his face, looking extremely frustrated. "It's tricky and bullshit,"

I came storming into the studio like a bat out of hell. Graham and Jim couldn't figure out why, but they googled my name and the media is full of articles concerning my 'questionable directing'. There is no doubt about it either that paparazzi will be following me around for the next however many days, trying to hear my side of things. But I need to strategize. 

"It's going to end up being your word against his, Aria," Jim explains. 

I sigh. "A press conference?" I ask.

Graham and Jim nod. 

"That's one option," Jim tells me. 

"You could also just release a statement without the whole conference, but then you can't answer questions on the spot," Graham says. 

"Another option is to do an interview," 

I'm not opposed to any of these ideas. An interview sounds better, however. If I could land one with someone I already know then it would ease my worries and I know that they would have my side on this whole thing. 

"I like the idea of an interview," I say. 

The door to our room bursts open and Roger and Brian come through. They both look angrier than I've ever seen them. 

"This is bullshit," Roger spits out. 

The two of them give me a small hug before sitting down neither side of me. 

"We were just going over options for Aria to tell her side of the story. She likes the idea of an interview," Graham fills in Brian and Roger. 

"Would they even want to interview me with all this controversy going on though?" I groan. 

"They're job is to dive into the gossip," Jim says, leaning forward in his seat. "They live for this stuff. I'll try to pull some strings to get you onto some show. If I can get you with one of the interviewers you've befriended then it will be better int our favor,"

I give him a small smile as he leaves the room to go make a couple calls. 

"I just don't understand how Matthew and Bryan got together," Brian sighs. 

I shrug. "Matthew came looking for me one day when I wasn't even home. Bryan must have tipped him off but I don't know how they met. Or why,"  I say.

"To ruin your career of course," Roger bitterly says. "I mean you took over directing. You had the power to destroy Bryan's career by making a statement first but you opted to stay quiet. Which isn't a bad thing, but it gave Bryan a leg up because now he's coming after you,"

"He's coming after the wrong girl," I mutter. 

This whole situation is ridiculous. I hate drama especially when it is in regards to me. But not only are they dragging me down this dark hole, they are trying to take Ben down too and I won't stand for that. I am not sleeping with him so he's blind to what I' doing. They have it all wrong, and they know it too. But the public doesn't know it.

"It'll work out Aria," Brian reassures me. He gives me a small smile. "Whose side are they going to take, some director who's had issues in the past already or Freddie Mercury's daughter?" 

Brian played the 'daughter' card. I don't like getting special treatment because I'm Freddie's daughter, but I might have to this time.

After a minute of silence, Jim comes back in the room. He sits down.

"I only had to call one person and he was ecstatic to have you. He loves you," Jim says to me. When I don't say anything, he continues. "James Corden can squeeze you in tomorrow if you're available. He had a last minute cancellation. It's like it was fate,"

I'd have to leave immediately since he's in Hollywood. And I'd have to let Ben know like right now. 

"Okay," I say. "Let's do it,"

...

"Aria Mercury I am so happy to see you," my good friend James Corden says to me once I am all dressed. He gives me a hug.

"It's been forever," I tell him. "Thank you for having me,"

"Of course! I love having you. I was so happy Jim called because I literally just had a cancellation and I was in a massive panic,"

I laugh. "I'm glad I can help then,"

"So our main goal is to clear up all this nonsense going on, correct? I have all my questions sorted out," James asks.

I'm currently in the waiting room, hanging out until it's my time to go on. I'm a little nervous to be honest, but hopefully I can clear some stuff up. 

I nod. "That's the main goal but I'm open to anything," I tell him.

James gives me a warm smile. "Sounds wonderful. I was thinking we could have Reggie join us too. You remember him right? The shows announcer,"

"Yes! He was really funny," I say. Reggie I believe is also a comedian so hopefully he can lighten the mood. Him and James together was like attending a comedy show. 

"Excellent. So I will have one of my assistants come and get you once you are all set to come on," 

"Sounds good. Thank you James," I give him a smile before he leaves the room. 

The wait to go on feels like forever. I wish Ben was here with me. I don't even have my phone on me so I can't text him. 

He was understanding of course of me doing this interview. He fumed when I told him what transpired. Matthew and Bryan are two of the biggest arseholes I have ever met. 

"Aria?" a woman in a black suit asks from the doorway. "You're on in two,"

I smile and stand up from where I took refuge on the couch. She guides me down a couple hallways and to where I will come out of onto stage. 

"You'll know the cue for when James wants you out," the lady tells me. 

I know, I think. I've been here before. 

"Welcome back," James says, signaling the cameras must be rolling. "Our next guest is a good friend of mine and I am ecstatic to welcome her back. She flew in from England and is currently working on a new movie called Bohemian Rhapsody. Please welcome Aria Mercury!"

The crowd cheers and just like that my nerves disappear. The anticipation is the worst out of everything. So I confidently push throw the black curtain and walk out on to stage..

...

CLIFFHANGER lol also I have attached a picture of my tattoo for those who wanted to see what it looked like. It's not an original - I found a picture of it on Instagram and was like I need this but I'm in love with it so props to whoever was the first with it (I don't have credit because it didn't say)

 It's not an original - I found a picture of it on Instagram and was like I need this but I'm in love with it so props to whoever was the first with it (I don't have credit because it didn't say)