17

Aria

I had gone over Ben's hotel earlier this evening for that movie that we talked about. I don't really know how we got here, but I am wrapped in his arms while our movie is playing. I've never felt so comfortable before. I know that that might sound like I am being dramatic, but it's true. I can't explain it. 

Ben twirls a piece of my dark hair in his fingers. I must admit I am falling asleep. I know he slept over once but again that doesn't count and I don't want to sleep over on our second date, if you would even call this a date.

"Ben, I'm going to fall asleep," I tell him. 

"That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world," he says, continuing to play with my hair.

How did we get here? It was just recently when I met the boys, and then we had our movie night at Joe's and now I'm here in Ben's arms. It all happened so quickly but I'm not opposed. 

I find myself drift off in Ben's arms after the movie ends. We haven't talked much tonight, but I feel like we didn't need to. It's not awkward silence at all. It's actually quite comforting. but unfortunately most good things must come to an end. 

I force myself to sit up properly, Ben's hands falling off of me. 

"I should go," I say, quietly. 

"You can stay if you want," Ben says. "I mean if you want," he adds quickly. 

"I'd rather wait a little before sleeping over if that's all right," I say to him.

He nods and smiles softly. I lean in and kiss his cheek before standing up.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask.

He nods. "Of course. Another day, another scene,"

I smile and Ben walks me to the door. I give him one last smile before I leave. 

...

The next few days are some of the busiest of my life. Bryan still is not here, so I've been directing the film. At this point, and I talked to Brian and Roger about it, I'm ready to fire him and finish out the movie myself. Apparently, according to Jim though, there are some legal issues where Bryan would still get credit for directing the movie because he started production. But I'll take them to court if I have to to get my name out there. It's not the fame I want, but I want credit where credit is due.

I've practically been pulling out all my hair from stress. As well as directing I have to make sure everything is in order for costumes, rehearsals, choreography and everything in between. Everyone has been so supportive and helpful, but it's still lot to be thrown into. At least I get to make sure everything is done right though. I'm a stickler for perfection. 

I am currently leaving work now, as as soon as I step out the doors I am ambushed by paparazzi.

"Aria, is it true you are dating one of your co workers?"

"Aria, did he sleep with you to get the job?"

"Aria, I heard he's using you for money, can you confirm?" 

The questions are countless and the flashes of light practically blind me. I walk into the sea of people, them parting so I can get through but the questions being thrown at me have no end.

"Aria, can you confirm the rumors on the tabloids?"

"Aria, do you sleep with cast members so they can get roles?"

Aria, Aria, Aria is all I hear. I'm sick of it. One of the paparazzi even shoves a magazine into my arms and questions the title of it. I grab it without noticing and continue to push past them.

I have a couple of questions myself. How did security let them through? How did they know I was here? And what are they talking about?

I finally manage to get into my car and I take off, nearly hitting them all in the process. I'm out of breath from anxiety. I've been ambushed before but never alone like that. It seemed almost...intentional. Like someone told them where I would be here and someone gave them a story to feed off of. 

But who would do that? Certainly not one of the boys or Lucy. I don't know why they would. Unless it was an accident but surely by now they would have told me. 

Before I know it I find myself at the destination. It's not my house, but my car had other plans. I park, and walk to the door.

I knock twice before he answers.

"I knew you'd stop by," Brian says. He makes room for me to come in.

"Can you tell me why I was just ambushed by paparazzi outside of the production studio?" I ask the man, once we get all settled in his living room.

He sighs. "It was bound to happen sooner or later," he sits upright and gives me the most serious look. "There's been a story that was just published that Ben is sleeping with you just so he can play Roger. Similarly theres a story that says you're sleeping with him for fame reasons. There are a couple that are circulating,"

That must have been the story on the magazine. I dint even look at it yet.

"That's ridiculous," I say. "Obviously it is so far from the truth. How did they even find out about us? We're not even official yet..."

Brian shrugs. "Someone must have sold information to them,"

A rat. I hate rats. But who is it?

"I'm sure it wasn't Joe, Ben, Gwilym, Rami, or Lucy," Brian tells me. "They all called me freaking out," he laughs darkly. "Especially Ben. Except he's more concerned about you than himself,"

"I've dealt with this my whole life. We just need to clear it up but it's a mess right now," I groan. "I can't win,"

"We'll figure it out, love," Brian reassures me. "Why don't you stay for dinner and we'll work out a plan, okay?"

Honestly Brian is such an angel. I agree to stay over for a little while, while we formulate a plan.