39

Aria

"You can't smoke Ben," I say, sighing at the end. This is the third time I've told him today.

"Bloody hell," he mumbles. He puts the end of his cigarette out in the ash tray in front of him. "This is bollocks,"

"PG 13 rating," I remind him. I know he's frustrated, but we have to abide by the rules for this.

"Didn't realize you are such a heavy smoker," Joe comments. I notice him, Gwil and Allen snickering.

"It's a 70's movie! 80's too, but still smoking is pivotal," Ben argues.

"To some maybe. To our younger audience, not so much," I say. "Let's take a break, yeah? 5 minutes,"

The cast and crew scatter for the short break. Chatter amongst them becomes louder. I stand up from my directors chair and walk on to the actual set, to a frowning Ben.

"Stop moping," I tell him with a smile on my face.

Ben groans and then re lights the cigarette he just put out, taking a puff of it and blowing it in my direction.

"Now what if I was asthmatic?" I ask him, crossing my arms. A flicker of worry spreads on his face.

"You're not are you?" He asks, lowering his cigarette besides him, his eyes wide.

I shrug. "Maybe I am maybe I'm not," I'm not, but I like to push his buttons.

Ben narrows his eyes. "I feel like I've seen you smoke before," he tells me.

"Honestly I don't remember," I say. "I smoke very seldom, if at all,"

Ben takes another puff from his cigarette, concluding I am indeed not an asthmatic.

"I don't smoke often but it's becoming more and more of a problem,"

I reach forward towards where Ben is sitting and pull the cigarette from his fingers. I raise it up to my lips, taking a drag. I exhale slowly, feeling the familiar burning sensation.

"Thick," I say, giving it back.

"Thick?" A voice asks. I turn to my left and see Joe standing by my side with his arms crossed.

"Yeah it's...heavier," I explain. "We had to use a cigarette with heavy smoke so it would be visible on camera,"

"I thought it tasted different," Ben tells me.

I sigh heavily and lean an arm on Joe's shoulder.

"We should probably get back," I say quietly. I give Ben a smile, and pat Joe on the back before walking back to my directors chair.

The rest of filming is spent rather uneventful. It's the usual nonsense that goes on. Later today we are filming in different locations when it is night time so I am definitely excited for that. We've done a lot of set scenes in a studio but I'm excited to be outside and filming.

"So Aria, we have a question for you," Rami says when we leave the studio for break before our next set of scenes to film.

"What's up?" I ask. Ben and I walk hand in hand. He gives me a small squeeze.

"What are your holiday plans?" he asks me.

My holiday plans? I hadn't really thought about it. Our break is coming up soon but I don't really know what I'm doing. Normally I'd spend Christmas with Brian and his family, maybe see Roger Christmas Eve. Brian and I have our own traditions too in the week leading up to New Years, but we all go our own way for that holiday. Everyone's at some party or another.

"I'll be spending Christmas with Brian, maybe Rog," I answer.

"What about New Years Eve?" Joe asks.

"Nothing as of yet. I usually go where the party is," I laugh.

The air outside is brisk. I don't mind the cold, but I get cold easily.

"We had an idea," Rami says. I'm not facing him but I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I stop in my tracks, Ben following. It takes the others to realize we've stopped, but when they do they come and join us, making a huddle.

"What's that?" I ask.

Right now it's Ben, Joe, Rami and I in our little group. Gwil, Allen and Lucy already left.

"We want to have a New Years Eve party," Rami says.

"In New York," Joe adds, a grin on his face.

Ben and I look at each other. He hasn't mentioned anything about this, and New York is pretty far. By the way Rami is talking about it it leads me to believe Ben was there when they made the plans.

"New York?" I ask, turning back to Rami and Joe.

"Yes ma'am," Joe says.

"Where?"

"That, my dear, is up for debate," Rami says. "We thought about asking Adam for a recommendation,"

"Adam Lambert?" I ask.

"Yes,"

I shrug. "He knows how to party,"

"We were thinking we could rent out one of those venues and have all of us, plus some come. Make it a real party," Joe explains.

I've never been to New York for New Years Eve. Ive never really thought about going either, but I'm intrigued by this party idea.

"If you plan it, I'll be there," I assure them. I turn to Ben. "You're coming right?" I ask him.

"Of course my love," he promises me. My heart flips. Something about him calling me his love really gets me. "Plus, Allen told us he's proposing to his girlfriend so if they come with us we can watch it all unfold,"

"How romantic," I swoon. I've never seen a proposal before, and seeing one of my friends would be magical.

We spend a couple more minutes discussing this party before Joe and Rami set out for their break, probably to get something to eat. Ben and I walk, still hand in hand, making our way downtown.

"You didn't mention anything about the party," I say to Ben.

"I didn't want to mention anything and then get your hopes up if it didn't happen," he tells me. "It was actually my idea,"

"You like to party?"

"I don't go out a lot but I do like to get jiggy with it,"

I choke. "Ben please never say that again,"

Ben laughs. "Jiggy?"

"The whole phrase," I cringe. That was truly awful.

We continue walking for a little bit, passing by a couple stores and restaurants.

"Do you want to grab a bite?" Ben asks.

I look over and up at him. The sun is setting and the light hits Ben in all the right places. Golden hour really is golden hour. He looks flawless, his hair glistening in the sun and his blue/green eyes sparkle. I'm literally fangirling over my boyfriend.

"I see you staring," Ben says, smiling softly.

I turn away, my cheeks blushing.

"I can't help it," I tell him, my own smile creeping on my face.

Ben takes his hand out of my grip and slings his arm over my shoulder, kissing my temple. We continue walking down the street, my arm snaking around his waist.

I've notice recently that I've been wanting more and more of Ben's touch. Not that I haven't from the beginning, but it's extra now. Like I want his touch all the time. I want everything, and I'm getting antsy for it.