70

Aria

"What about this one?" Ben asks, pointing to a slightly lopsided tree. We had recently reunited, just in time to get in the Christmas spirit. 

"Honey, it has bald spots every where," I tell him. He looks defeated. Again. 

Ben and I decided to decorate for Christmas. I've never really gone all out for it. I never felt the need.  I never had it in me to decorate my house by myself since I spend the holidays at Brian's. But Ben insisted, so since this is what he wants we are going to do it right or not at all. 

Today we came to one of the local tree farms. Ben wants to find the perfect tree, but he keeps picking ones out that aren't it. I have one in mind but I need to find it. I won't stop until we do. 

I walk over to Ben and cup his face with my hands. 

"We'll find it. Keep looking," I tell him. I reach up and kiss him before continuing our journey to find the perfect tree. 

We go through row by row, looking at all the options. There are so many it's hard to find the right one. I know we will, since there have got to be hundreds of trees here, but just which one is the one for us? 

"Darling," Ben says coming up to my side again. He grins like a child. "I found it,"

I sigh. "You said that the last couple times," I tell him. 

"No but I really found it this time," He assures me. 

So I give in and he leads me to this so called perfect tree. I'm a little skeptical as we approach it, but upon actually seeing the tree it really is perfect. It's symmetrical almost all the way around, and it's not too big and not too small. 

"I love it," I tell Ben honestly. He squeezes my hand in response. 

The two of us buy the tree and manage to get it back home just in time before it starts to snow. Getting it in the house was a little bit of a hassle, but at least it won't be slippery or wet out. 

"We'll just prop it by the door until we can put it up," I tell Ben. He leans the tree up against a wall. Needles fall every where, but I'll vacuum them later. 

"We need Christmas music!" Ben exclaims, scurrying away to a different room to put on a radio. I giggle as I hear Christmas music blare through the house. Ben sing along and comes back to where I am. He abruptly picks me up and spins around, causing me to laugh. 

"Ben," I whine. He puts me down. "You're so giddy," I tell him, grinning. I like when he's like this. Playful and extra soft. 

"I love Christmas," He tells me. "And I love you. What more do I need?" 

"I love you more," I say. "Now let's go decorate," 

Ben and I grab all of the Christmas decorations that both him and I collectively have. It took little while to get them all together, especially with Frankie on our heels the whole time. I felt awful because I accidentally stepped on her paw earlier. She seems fine now but I've been extra careful. 

Once we got them together though, we spent hours putting them up. Lights are strung all around, wreaths are put out, even a mistletoe is hung up somewhere. Ben put it up but refused to tell me where. He said it'll be a surprise and he's going to move it around everyday like Elf on a Shelf. 

When it finally comes to putting up the tree and decorating it, I'll admit I'm pretty tired. I move a lot slower. Ben does too. But eventually we manage to decorate the whole tree. I didn't want it to be half assed. I knew we wouldn't finish it another time.