81

The Finale Part 1/3

Aria

Ever since the BAFTAs, I've been on the front page of ever newspaper and tabloid out there. Mostly all of them are flattering articles. Of course they'll be the few that poke fun at some things I said, but I try not to look at those. 

Heirs has also been the topic of conversation amongst so many news reporters, and paparazzi. My Instagram has been blowing up with comments and direct messages, asking when we're going to come out with our first album. If only Rufus, Jimmy, Luke and I knew that too. 

My mentioning Heirs was so popular, in fact, that it must have sparked something with the people who run the Oscars. That, and the fact that they don't have a host. The Oscars council must have realized the power of music, so they reached out to Brian and Roger and asked if Queen would open up the awards ceremony. 

I can't say I wasn't surprised. Rumors were running around on Instagram and Twitter so clearly the idea must have slipped up somewhere. But it's official now, because Brian and Roger agreed. And Luke and I would be performing with them. 

It was a big to do, really. Originally it was supposed to be Adam Lambert, since he tours with Brian and Roger. But Adam suggested I perform instead. He said it would make more sense with everything going on and with Bohemian Rhapsody focusing primarily on my dad. One thing led to another and I took the offer, promising Adam he would be my plus one to the Oscars. It's the least I could do. He truly is a great person. 

My guest appearance struck something and Luke joked around in front of Brian and Roger with the idea of him performing too to have the full Mercury, Deacon, Taylor and May up on stage. Brian and Roger I supposed didn't see the joke, so they swooped in and now Luke is performing with us. 

Rufus and Jimmy are ecstatic. They'll also be attending the Oscars, but they'll be sat in a different section than us unfortunately. They don't mind though. It'll be Heirs first red carpet appearance, and they'll be there to support Luke and I. This performance is supposed to be a gateway into Heirs' future. Sort of like a little introduction to what we can do. There's a lot of pressure on Luke and I, but I feel it especially. 

I've been pacing all day. Luke is picking me up in a couple of minutes so we can fly out. We, unfortunately, have to leave a little earlier than the rest of the Bohemian Rhapsody cast so we can practice on stage. Ben and I originally had plane tickets all set and ready to go but I gave my ticket to Gwilym so now him and Ben can fly out together. 

"Do you have everything?" Ben asks me. I sit down on the staircase, staring at the front door. Ben comes and sits next to me, leaning into me slightly. 

"I think so. A lot of what I need is already there," I tell Ben. 

He wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me to him, kissing my temple. 

"I'm so proud of you, you know that?" he tells me. 

I smile. "To think I almost blew this whole thing off with Rufus," I sigh. "Funny how things work out," 

A knock on the door lets me know Luke is here. I stand up with Ben and walk over to the door to open it. 

"Rise and shine!" Luke says brightly. 

"It's four in the afternoon," I laugh. I stand to the side letting him come in. He walks over to Ben and they shake hands in that weird welcoming way. 

"No matter," Luke responds. "Are you all ready?" he asks me. 

I nod. "As ready as I'll ever be," 

I put on my shoes and grab my jacket. 

"I'll give you a moment," Luke says. He smiles and takes me luggage out to the car.