51

I don't know if anyone here watched the Super Bowl BUT LET ME TELL YOU I am thoroughly annoyed for several reasons, but mainly because I was expecting more to the Spongebob tribute but instead I was left with Sickomode and disappointment.

...

Aria

Ben lights a cigarette, taking a drag on set.

"No," I say. He turns to look at me with pleading eyes. "It's absolutely not needed for this scene,"

"Ari," Ben whines. I feel like I'm talking to a toddler. 

"Ben there's no reason to smoke in this scene," I tell him.

We're filming one of the last scenes, where Freddie and the rest of the band make up in Jim's office. 

Ben rolls his eyes so hard I think they might fall out of his head. He reluctantly puts his cigarette out in an ash tray on one of the tables. 

"Are we all set?" I ask the cast and crew loudly, everyone scampering to their respectful positions. Rami and Tom Hollander go to their positions, while the other boys go outside and wait for the cue to come in. One of my assistants, Jerry, holds up the clapperboard. "Scene fifty seven, take one. And action," I say.

The scene starts with Rami and Tom sitting in silence. 

"Where are they?" Rami asks in his English accent. 

"They're late," Tom comes back saying. 

A moment later, Gwil, Ben and Joe knock on the door.

"Hi guys," Tom says. 

"Jim," Gwil responds, and he, Ben and Joe hasty sit down. 

"If anyone wants any tea, coffee...bladed weapons, just ask," Tom says. I added that last part in and I snicker as Tom says it. "So...who wants to go first?" 

They work through this scene and I have them do it a couple times. I'm satisfied with it and then I have Tom and Rami film their separate scene outside in the hallway, before they come in to wrap everything up.

"We decided," Ben says. "What did we decide?" 

God, he plays Roger well.

"From now on, every song, no matter who wrote it, music, lyrics.. it's by Queen. Not one of us, just Queen. All the money, all the credits, split four ways evenly," Gwil acts.

"Done," Rami responds. 

I get an idea to change one of the lines Rami has to say so I jet up from my set and grab a cue card and a marker from Emily, my assistant in charge of the scripts and cards. I scribble down the word as quickly and legibly I can before walking up behind where Ben is sat.

"Paul is out," Rami says, in reference to Gwil explaining that they don't like the people he's around. "I fired him,"

"On what pretext?"

I hold up my cue card as high as I can. Rami's eyes barely flicker up towards it, but I know he saw it.

"Villainy," he says, having read my card. 

I sigh from relief, bringing my arms down. I thought it was a very dad thing to say - better than what the script originally said. 

We press forward, and eventually wrap up. I can't help but smile as I call cut for the boys. I'm filming a couple scenes later in the day with just Freddie. I'm not looking forward to it because it has to do with Dad's AIDS diagnosis, but we need to do it. It's important and necessary, just emotional.