77

Not my best chapter but its important for the story :) 

...

Aria

"Aria we need you at the studio," Graham tells me over the phone.

I look at my clock. It's half past noon. What on earth could he want? And who is 'we'?

"Okay," I say. "Can I ask why?"

"We have some people who would like to speak with you,"

Ah yes. That's not nerve wracking at all.

"Thanks for the details," I mutter.

I hurry around my house, looking for acceptable shoes to wear. I find a pair of white vans. They'll have to do.

"We'll tell you more when you arrive. How soon can you come?" Graham asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. I'm leaving now so within an hour?"

"Sounds perfect. Listen I'll let you go but come to the conference room once you're at the studio,"

"Okay,"

We exchange goodbyes and hang up.

The entire time I'm running around the house and driving to the studio, my mind is racing. I wish I could have talked to Ben or Lucy, but everyone's out right now so I don't phone them.

I pull into the studio parking lot, a little less than an hour after my phone call with Graham. I find a decent spot and make my way into the building, and then into the conference room. I see Graham and Jim in there, alongside him is a woman who I vaguely recognize.

I push open the door and Graham, Jim and the woman stand up to greet me.

"Thanks for coming Aria," Graham says. I smile at him and Jim.

The woman, who is older with short grey hair, sticks her hand out for me to shake.

"It's nice to meet you Aria. I'm Barbara Broccoli, the Vice President for film at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts," she says.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I say, shaking her hand. She beckons for me to sit, so I take a seat next to her.

"As you know the BAFTA awards are approaching," Barbara continues.

Yes, I think. Bohemian Rhapsody has several nominations.

"Yes," I say, curious where this is going.

"Our council at BAFTA has been watching your performance over the past year and a half, specifically with your involvement in Bohemian Rhapsody. We know of Bryan Singer and what you endured, and we know of your dedication to directing, producing and editing this film, as well as you spending time with Rami and the other actors to help them perfect the mannerisms of Queen," Barbara clears her throat. "We would like to award you this upcoming BAFTA awards on February 10th with the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema award,"

My eyebrows furrow. Why me? There are so many other talented people but me?

"That-wow," is all that comes out of my mouth. "Thank you so much," I stammer. "I just - what about Graham and Jim? They've done so much too, I mean they've worked on it for ten years-"

"Aria," Jim stops me. "Collectively, as a Bohemian Rhapsody crew, we nominated you to the BAFTA comity," 

"We felt like your passion and dedication was something worth recognizing," Graham continues. 

I really don't know what to say. To say I'm honored is an understatement. This award is so much more personal than any other awards. 

"Thank you," I say quietly, not really knowing where to go from here. I need to process this. I can't seem to comprehend it. 

"It's a lot right now," Barbara says to me with a smile. "All we ask is that you be prepared to speak. Not long, but an acceptance speech,"

"Of course," I answer. 

"It'll be an exciting night. You're a light, Ms. Mercury. Allow yourself to shine," 

...

I push open my front door slowly. I take a deep breath as I shut it behind me. 

"What the fuck just happened?" I whisper to myself. 

It's at this moment I hear talking coming from inside. I figured Ben would be home, but I didn't see any other cars. 

I walk carefully into the kitchen. Ben sits at the table in there, along with Luke, Rufus, and Jimmy. The four of them are deep in talk and laughing and I don't want to ruin it. I just stand in the doorway, watching them. I feel like a creep but I can't help it. 

Eventually Ben's eyes flicker over to me. 

"Hello, love," he says softly. 

I smile suspiciously and walk over. I kiss Ben on top of his head and then sit down at the empty chair. I just look at the four of them, bonding. 

"What's going on?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at them all. Ben met Rufus and Jimmy, but not Luke before. And even though he met the other tow they're not exactly best friends. I could only imagine how this whole get together came about. 

"Ben invited us over," Luke says. "He's a nice chap,"

"How did he even-"

"Dad gave my number to him," Jimmy chimes in. 

"But why are-"

"We had business to discuss," Rufus says. 

Business to discuss my ass. There's something going on and I want to know what. I open ym mouth to question them some more, but Ben completely cuts me off. 

"So how was your day?" He asks me. 

I sigh. "It was good," I answer, making a mental note to question the boys a little later. "I met with Graham and Jim and I was introduced to Barbara Broccoli, the vie president of film for BAFTA," 

Rufus chokes when I say Barbara's name. 

"Don't do it," Jimmy mutters. 

"She must have had an unfortunate childhood," Rufus says. Luke smacks hm on the back of his head with his hand. 

"Why was she there?" Ben asks me, ignoring the other lads. 

"I'm being awarded the contribution to British cinema award at the BAFTA's," I tell him. A grin spreads on his face. 

"That's amazing Aria!" He says excitedly. 

"That is really cool," Rufus concludes. The three other boys smile at me. 

"How the hell did you swing that?" Jimmy asks me. 

I shrug. "Contribution to making Bohemian Rhapsody come to life," I say. It still hasn't quite sunk in yet. 

"I mean you did pull the whole thing together, especially after the whole Bryan fiasco," Ben states.

"Prick," Rufus mutters. 

I furrow my eyebrows together as I get an idea. Rufus, Jimmy, and Luke might not be up for it, but it would be cool. I just need to figure out how to execute it.