2. Lamonte King

ASHANTI

It had been a couple of weeks since the incident with suit guy happened.

I haven't seen him at all just like I knew I wouldn't. A few new things have happened since then though.

I was going to school and I got a job at a 5-star restaurant, which I was very proud of. I got the job by myself with no help from my family and it felt good to do something just for me with no one to answer to.

I was at work and I already had a friend here. Her name was Shelly and she's older, but she's so lively and helps me out a lot.

It was almost time for my shift to be over and I was just so ready to get home.

"Could you cover that table over there?," Shelly asked.

"Of course," I replied.

I grabbed the notepad and made my way over to the table.

"Hello, my name is Ashanti and I hope you are prepared to enjoy the finest dining experience there is," I say with enthusiasm before raising my head to look at the people, but what I saw immediately made my smile drop.

It was suit guy with some girl.

I cleared my throat when I realized that the girl had said something. "Excuse me, what did you say?," I questioned again.

The woman rolled her eyes and repeated her order to me.

I could feel suit guy's eyes on me and it made me feel unsteady.

I wish he would stop staring at me. He made my stomach do somersaults, his gaze was so intense.

I couldn't take their orders fast enough.

I went back in the kitchen and gave the chef the order slip.

"What do you know about that guy?," I ask Shelly pointing over to suit guy.

"That guy comes in here every weekend with a new girl on his arm all the time. I think he's the CEO for some major company. I don't really pay attention to him like that, but he definitely has some good looks on him," Shelly says biting her lips.

"Naughty Shelly," I giggled and she giggled back before sauntering off.

"Orders up," the chef says.

I thank him with a smile and he smiles back.

I gather up the courage and go back to the table to serve them their dishes.

"My shift is over, so my friend back there will help you for the rest of the night. I hope you guys have a good rest of your evening," I say in the nicest tone I possibly could. Even though, I really just wanted to run away.

I went back through the kitchen to the staff room to get my things.

I put on my regular clothes and I walk out of the building.

I had walked to work today because it was really nice out, but now it was freezing. I tried to walk home as fast as I could. Then, a car pulled up next to me on the curb.

The window was rolled down and there suit guy was.

"Hi," he says.

"Hi?," I say slightly unsure.

"You didn't think you could leave without saying goodbye, did you?," he questioned.
"I mean you were on a date, I didn't want to interrupt and I did say goodbye," I said with my arms crossed.

"It was hardly a date and that was hardly a proper goodbye. Get in, I'll give you a ride home," he says with a smirk.

"I barely know you and I don't think that would be wise for me to get into a car with a stranger," I whisper with a soft chuckle.

"Get in the car, Ashanti," he said in an unamused tone rolling his eyes at my antics.

I could tell he thought I was joking, but I was kinda serious about the stranger comment. I mean I still don't know his name let alone his character. He seems to have this bossy attitude that makes me want to almost put him in his place.

"Excuse me?," I replied.

He rolled his eyes and got out of the car to approach me.

His eyes never left mine and neither did my eyes leave his.

He held out his hand for me to take and something compelled me to take it.

"If you won't let me drive you home, I'll walk you home," he said with a smirk.

I sighed and said, "Fine, it is really cold. I'll let you drive me home."

He smiled as he knew that I would say yes.

He opened the door for me and made sure I got in safely before coming around to the driver's side.

His car was intoxicating just like his scent. This was a very expensive car, I could tell by the looks of it.

He already had my address from the last time he had drove me home. He asked me if he had it right and I told him yes. From that point on, the ride home was silent. The only silence filler was the GPS speaking, but the car ride wasn't that long I didn't live that far at all.

We were in front of my house within a couple minutes.

I looked over at him to find him already staring at me.

"I'm gonna take you out tomorrow night, so be ready by 8 o'clock," he said in a demanding tone yet again.

I don't know what was up with this guy, but I don't know where he gets off on bossing me around like that.

"You're really gonna have to stop telling me what to do," I said looking him in his eyes.
He was surprised by what I had said, I could tell by his facial expression, but he quickly composed himself.

He cleared his throat and asked, "Can I please take you out tomorrow night at 8?"

I nodded my head and a boyish grin appeared on his face.

I took his phone and put my number into it and he did the same with mine.

I exited the car and walked towards my door.

I realized I didn't know his name, but by that time he had already sped off.

I looked at my phone and searched for the unfamiliar name.

Lamonte King.

His name was Lamonte King.

So much for only seeing this guy one time.

_____