3. First Date Part 1

Ashanti's POV

Today was Saturday and I didn't have any work, but I did have a few morning classes.

I had some work that I needed to finish.

It seemed like such a hard task at the moment because I haven't been able to focus all day. I kept thinking about Lamonte.

Was he really serious about the date?

I hadn't heard from him since last night, and I had honestly been nervous, but there was no way that I would give him the satisfaction of knowing that he makes me nervous.

I let myself dive into my work and put him out of my mind.

***

It was 6 o'clock by the time I got finished with my schoolwork.

I got in the shower and shaved EVERYWHERE.

Even though, I knew nothing would happen with suit g— Lamonte, it was better to be safe than sorry.

There probably wasn't ever a date, maybe he was just joking or he forgot or maybe he got busy or maybe that girl from the restaurant was occupying his time.

I seriously need to relax; this guy is pushing all my buttons and not in the nice way.

I've never been worked up a day in my life over any guy.

I was still a virgin. I'm a 22-year old virgin and Ana has never let me forgotten it.

As I was putting on something comfortable, my phone began to beep.

It was a text message from Lamonte.

I hope you didn't forget about our date. You should bring a bikini, just in case. I'm going to be there in 10 minutes.

Holy shit! He's going to be here in 10 minutes.
I started moving frantically, looking for an outfit to wear.

I yelled, "Ana!"

She ran into my room a few seconds later.

"Damn, girl, you can scream. What's wrong?,"she questioned while trying to catch her breath.

"Do you remember, suit guy?," I questioned.

"Yeah, you told me about him the other day, why?," she seemed confused.

"Well, I saw him again yesterday at work. He took me home and asked me out on a date. You have to help me find something to wear. He's coming in less than 10 minutes!," I screeched. Ana started scrambling about muttering curse words under her breath.

"And you're just telling me this now. We should've planned your entire outfit from yesterday," she said in an upset tone.
"Where exactly is he taking you?," she questioned.

"He said bring a bikini," I replied.

Ana looked at me surprised, but I could tell she was happy that I was finally going on a date.
She picked out a tight, fitted red strapless dress that was above my knees.

I never wore that dress, but I remember when I got it.

I thought that I would never wear it, but there's a first for everything.