39. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Ashanti's POV

4 days later...

We spent the last few days sightseeing.

He showed me all the touristic places such as the beaches, the museums, ruins, and a few other hidden gems.

Mykonos was an absolutely breathtaking place with so much history, and I was beyond happy to see it, but the baby didn't enjoy walking much.

I would start to feel sick, or start to move around, or my feet would be swollen and I'd be in pain.

They say carrying and birthing a baby is a beautiful thing, but I experienced so much discomfort.

I was moody, horny, hungry, tired, and I kept throwing up.

I couldn't wait for this baby to come out of me.
I looked down at Lamonte as he rubbed my feet for me.

I melted in his touch as I felt my aches fade away.

"I'm going to draw us a bath," he spoke as he got up and placed a kiss on my forehead.

The bathtub in this place was like a big ass pool.

It was still hard for me to get used to the idea of Lamonte having so much money.

I'm used to money, but not the amount of money he had parading around.

I have a lot more money than most people, but I wasn't a billionaire.

I mean he had so many houses all over the world, people working for him, and a very successful architectural business.

"Baby, I'm ready for you!," he shouted from the bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom to see the lights had been dimmed and Come Through and Chill by Miguel was playing through the speaker.

Lamonte was in the water as rose pedals were scattered around and the aroma in the air smelled exactly like him.

I stripped naked and joined him into the bubbly bath water.

"What's all this for?," I asked curiously.

"I just wanted to treat you," he said as he pulled me into his embrace.

I laid on his chest as he played in my hair making me relax into his touch.

"You already treated me enough with this entire trip. You didn't have to do all of this," I spoke truthfully.

He was doing way too much to make me happy and I don't know how I could ever repay him.

"You're my baby momma, nothing is too much for you. I love you," he whispered in my ear making every part of my body tingle.

He sucked on my neck demandingly yet softly and I moaned as I felt my body start to heat up. He massaged my body making my once tense muscles completely dissipate.

Lamonte reached over and handed me a champagne glass with orange juice in it.
He pulls up a tray next to us that contains all my favorite fruits.

I smiled and placed a kiss on his lips.

He seemed so nervous and I was confused as to why.

His heart was beating fast in his chest and he tensed up beneath me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?," I questioned placing my hand above his erratic heart.

He turned me around, embracing me, and that's when I noticed the red velvet box in the middle of the big tray of fruits.

I felt my heart pounding against my chest as my throat went dry.

I turned to face him as a smile replaced his worried features.
"Ashanti, you are the most amazing woman I have ever met inside and outside. You make my heart skip a beat, you make me nervous, you make me happy, you make me sad, and you make me mad. No one has ever made me feel everything like you have, when all I used to feel was emptiness and you brought a light to my life that I never thought I would experience again. I continuously tried to push you away, but it never worked. You loved me no matter how much I broke you, no matter how much I hurt you, and no matter how much I gave up. It makes me angry at myself for how I hurt you and how much you have questioned me. How much you have to question my love for you. I see the way you look when I say that I love you, it's as if you're unsure or you don't believe me. I was an idiot and I still am, but I am your idiot. I will do anything and everything to make you happy for the rest of my life if you let me. My promises may mean nothing to you, but I promise that I will always be here no matter what and I won't do anything to hurt you again. I love you so much it pains me and I want to pay for my mistakes, I will make things right. I want to wake up with you by my side every morning and go to sleep with you every night," he paused looking into my teary eyes.

He opened the box to reveal a beautiful ring with big diamonds. 

I covered my mouth so that sobs wouldn't escape as tears streamed down my face.
I couldn't believe this was real.

"Ashanti Nicole Clare, marry me," he stated rather than questioned in his strong tone of voice but in his eyes, I could tell he was nervous as to what my answer would be.

There was only one answer in my eyes.

I loved this man so much even when it hurt me and my life without him would fall apart. I needed him like the air that I breathed and I hated that fact.

I felt useless without him.

It was a lot of dependency to put on one person because my happiness depended on him. My life before him was sordid and without meaning.

I see now that we are codependent, we both need each other.

I knew if I lost him, my life would return to that dark place and I got so used to being in the light, but he felt the same.

His words and actions proved to me that he felt the same way.

He told me why he was the way he was and I was the first person he has let in, how could I ever take that for granted?

I was tired of punishing him and in return, punishing myself as well.

It was time for something different, a change.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Hell yes! Fuck yes!," I exclaimed happily as he held me in his arms. I kissed him deeply like this was our last kiss as our tears mixed in with our tongues making the kiss salty.

Lamonte pulled away and placed the ring on my finger.

He kissed my knuckles before he looked up at me with so much love in his eyes.

"Please don't leave me ever," he spoke shyly as his demeanor turned vulnerable.

"We're not going anywhere." I spoke confidently as I rubbed my stomach lovingly.

He placed his hand on top of mine as he brought me into a heart-wrenching kiss once again. I straddled him as my fingers tangled into his now grown out curls.

Bed by J Holiday streamed in the background and that's exactly how I felt at this moment.

I want to make love to my soon-to-be-husband.
I wanted to show him just how much he meant to me.

"Please take me," I breathed heavily against his lips as I try to catch my breath.

He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the couch.

We didn't care that we were still wet and were dripping all over the house.

I yearned for him too much to even care.

I spread my legs as he teased my entrance making me beg for it before his entire length was buried inside me.

I moaned his name for hours and hours just as I should.

_____