61. Happy Wife, Happy Life

Ana's POV

"Holy shit," I ran into the bathroom retching all in the toilet holding my stomach.

I get up from the floor, brushing my teeth to get that foul taste from out of my mouth.

I open the cabinets to try to find some aspirin instead a pregnancy test box falls into the sink. I look at it for a moment my brain kicking into overdrive.

I haven't had my period in weeks.

I didn't even drink that much to have a hangover.

No it can't be. I take a deep breath closing my eyes for a minute. I put the pregnancy tests back in the cabinet.

I shrug it off. The last time I had a pregnancy scare, I wasn't even pregnant. It's no point in getting my hopes about a baby that probably doesn't exist.

I jump back in Ashanti's bed spooning her while she stirs awake. "You ready for your big day, sweetie?"

She replies groggily, "Mmhmm."

"Can you get me some aspirin?," she asks.

"You don't have any, I just checked. I can run and go get some if you want."

She shakes her head indicating that she wants me to go.

I throw some of her sweats on and drove to the corner store down the street.

"Aspirin, aspirin, aspirin..." I sing to myself before stopping and seeing the pregnancy tests again.

You're not... you're not... you're not.

It wouldn't hurt to just take one or two. I grabbed a box of two pregnancy tests and grabbed the aspirin heading to the cashier.

"Hey, do you have a restroom I could use?"

The guy looks at me and says, "Yeah, down this aisle to your right."

I paid for my items and I headed for the bathroom. I ripped the box open peeing on both of the sticks before wrapping them in a paper towel and heading to my car.

I got in the car and drove back to the house. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes, and flipping back the toilet paper to reveal the pregnancy tests.

It was positive.

I smiled having the moment to myself before containing my excitement and sending a picture of the tests to Ajax.

He FaceTimed me almost immediately.

I answer, "Hey, baby daddy."

"Stop playing all your life, Ana. I'm not laughing. Are you actually pregnant?," he asked seriously.

It's probably my fault cause I'm always playing pranks on him.

"Yes, I swear it's not a joke. I'm having your baby," I say smiling tearing up a bit.

A big smile overtakes his face and I melt seeing him so happy. "You have no idea how happy that makes me. You know we are in this together and now you really stuck with me for life."

"We already been stuck like glue. I wasn't letting that dick go for nobody," I say jokingly.

"Oh so you just love me for my dick huh?"

"Yeah, actually," I smile at him.

He rolls his eyes, "Whatever you say. I love you, my baby mama."

"I love you too with your plotting ass."

"Hey now, we was on the same page. You the one that said let's have a baby and shit," he says shrugging.

"I gave you exactly what you wanted," he continues.