13. Trey

Ashanti's POV

After a few minutes, we arrived in front of a restaurant.

He got out of his side of the car and came around to my side to let me out of the car.

Trey wrapped his arms around me possessively as we made our way inside the restaurant. I smiled at how close I was to him and he smelled so good.

He honestly smelt like heaven.

He got us a table on the rooftop overlooking a beautiful view of tall skyscrapers and the sun just balancing on the horizon.

The night air was so calming and I could just feel the stress of my parents completely melting away.

"You look so beautiful," Trey whispered sweetly.

I smiled at him and spoke, "Thank you."

"Let's sit," he says holding my hand and leads me to my chair then finding his.

I give him a smile and he orders for us.

"Tell me about yourself," I say while sipping my wine.

"Well, I'm a chef at a five-star restaurant. I've been interested in cooking ever since I was younger. I grew up with my mother and I have 2 younger sisters, Monique and Theresa."

The conversation carried on as he told me more about himself and he pulled me in even more.

"It wasn't my fault. My mom told me to cuss at my teacher and I wanted to so it just came out. She had been giving me shit all year," he said with a chuckle and I laughed along with him.
By the time we were finished in the restaurant it was 12 a.m.

He paid the bill, which he didn't even give me a chance to look at, and we made our way back to his car.

We sit in his car for a moment as he stares over at me.

"What?," I questioned with a smile.

He chuckles and says, "You're just different than I thought you'd be."

He starts the car and we speed off.

I close my eyes and just feel as the cool night air breathes onto my face.

We arrived in front of a beautiful house and we exit the car to stand in front of the home.

He could see bewilderment on my face so he cleared it up.

"This is my house. I have something special planned for us," he said taking a hold of my hand and leading me inside.

His home was very simple and I admired it. It wasn't flashy, it was made to be comfortable and it made me like him even more.

He led me out back to a pool and we both sat at the edge, dipping our feet in.

"This is my favorite part of the house. It's where I come after a long day and I just sit here and I look at the view. I grew up not having much and sometimes it gets a little
overwhelming the pressure that everyone puts on me," he says looking out distantly as I look at him.

I rest my hand on his thigh and he turns to look at me. "I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that and I'm here if you whenever want to talk to me. The view isn't all that you have," I spoke softly.

I don't know why I said what I said. I mean I don't even really know him like that, but I wanted to help him any way I could.

"Why would you want to help me? You barely know me," he asked.

"I don't know, honestly. I have a good feeling about you and I feel like you're going to be in my life for a long time," I say with a smile.
He takes a hold of my hand and kisses my knuckles delicately.