62. To Remember

Ashanti's POV

I open the door seeing my dad standing there with a smile on his face holding out his hand for me to take.

"Hi, pops," I say softly taking his arm.

"Aw, my baby girl" he whispers touching my face lightly as if I was a doll made of porcelain.

"You look beautiful, my dear... Are you ready?," he stalls for a moment before we start walking in the direction of the aisle.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be," I sigh taking a deep breath.

Lamonte's POV:

I look at my daughter throwing flowers down the aisle with her Aunt Laviere holding her hand.

I smile at her giving her a quick kiss before they take a seat in the front row.

The music changes as Ashanti makes her way down the aisle. My heartbeat quickens as I watch her take slow steps towards me.

She looks so damn beautiful...

Her father hands her over to me and now we stand face-to-face. Her brown skin is glowing, her hair neatly done up, and her eyes staring adoringly up at me.

I didn't realize a let a tear out until she wiped it away with the pad of her thumb.

She gives me a reassuring smile as the minister starts with our vows.

"You love me in love and complete me in ways I never knew possible. From this day forth, I promise to listen to you and learn from you, to support you and accept your support. I will celebrate your successes and mourn your losses as though they were my own. I will love you, my husband, and rejoice in your love for me for all of the years of our lives," she says proudly as she tries to stop her tears from flowing.

I clear my throat and recite the vows I've been practicing for months, "How lucky am I to call you mine? Your love and trust makes me a better person, each and every day. For all those times that we've been together, there's always been a mutual understanding that's only shared when two people love each other truly. You were there for my greatest challenges and downfalls. You encouraged me to grow. You helped me believe in myself and become the person that I am today. In your arms and by your side, I know I can do anything and I don't know what I would be without you. I'm proud to call you my wife and the mother of my child and future children. I promise to love, honor, and respect you in all endeavors for as long as we both shall live."

I kiss the back of her hand as tears flow down her face in a heavy stream. Ana comes from behind her and hands her a tissue to dab her face dry.

After she has calmed down the minister continues on.

"Do you take Ashanti Nicole Clare to be your lawfully wedded wife?," he asks looking to me.

"I do," I say firmly.

"Do you take Lamonte Charles King to be your lawfully wedded husband?," he turns to Ashanti as she stares at me.

"Absolutely I do," she smiles brightly squeezing my hand lightly.

"You may now—," before he could even finish his sentence my lips were plastered against her mouth sucking and biting belligerently.

I pull away as she lets out a soft moan and our family clapping brought my attention back.

We turn around and we are introduced as Mr. and Mrs. King.

Damn that sounded good.

1 hour later...