Chapter 4

"...and we can't stop and we won't stop..."
~ Miley Cyrus

......

"Hey."

"I found out that Kai is —" Brody takes a pause, "he's Nicholas' younger brother."

And with that, my heart skips a beat.

"Summer? Summer!" he harshly speaks through the phone, regaining my attention.

"Huh? Uh... yeah, I'm here."

"I know this is a hard subject, but Kai can be useful to us now. We've finally hit Nicholas' weak spot."

Nicholas is the gang leader of the Black Knights. He was our number one rival when I lived in LA. On the day of my fifteenth birthday, he kidnapped me and used me against my own family.

Even after doing what he told my father and brothers to do, he never released me. He made me work for his gang during the day and at nights, he made me his own personal slut.

I knew how everything worked in gangs, so I cooperated until one day he had enough of me and decided to throw me into one of his camps. Before I, or any other girl there could be sold, I set the house on fire.

Everything burned down into ashes. It took me six months to escape, but I finally did. After escaping, I went to Brody. He helped me move to a new state where we started our new lives.

He's been helping me ever since like my own brothers would. I've been born in hell and when I finally thought that I climbed my way up from it, I'm being dragged right back into it. "After their father died, Nick took control of things making Kai do most of the dirty work. Kai left LA and started his own gang shortly after. The two brothers haven't made contact since, but we can still use Kai somehow. The papers don't tell the whole truth, but Kai will."

"Well that's just a bonus," I let out a dry laugh.

"Look Summer, I know this is too much for you and now that he's somehow connected to your past, I think it's just more of a reason to not go through with this deal. We can escape by sundown and no matter how many links Kai has, he'll never be able to find us."

"No, Brody. It's time that I stop running and crush the demons I've been trying to bury. They'll come out sooner or later and I'd like them to come out on Kai and Nick rather than anyone else."

"Okay, everything's set then. You're Summer White who was born in Tennessee. Your parents died at the age of seven and you ran away from your, now deceased, uncle. From there, you were picked up from the local gang and sold for over a year in their camps. This will explain the smoking, cutting and you not being scared of them," my mouth parts when he mentions smoking and cutting. I want to lie and excuse myself from the truth.

"I-"

"Save it Summer, I already know. You can't hide anything from me."

"So why haven't you tried to stop me?"

"Because I'm not your knight in shining armour, you'd never listen to me. Someone, someday, will teach you how to love yourself with the scars you have. I just hope he gets to you before it's too late."

"It already is," I whisper. "And too bad they don't actually exist. I'll keep the act going and let's just hope he falls for our trap. Until then, find a way to hack their computers, phones, security cameras; anything that is hack-able so that after seven days, you know exactly where I am and what's happening to me."

"Okay, let me know if you change your mind."

"I don't change my mind."

"I thought that might've changed after what I just told you."