Chapter 6

"...Don't get on my bad side, I'm dangerous
Demons and angels hang with us
Treat it like a phone, baby, hang it up,.."
~ A Boogie wit da Hoodie ft. Juice WRLD

......

Two days have passed since our last encounter with the trio on Tuesday. During the last two days, my thoughts always crept towards Kai. Where have they been? Should I be worried? Are they planning something? I didn't have the answers to any of my questions which is bothersome.

"Summer and Alice, right?" one of the jocks asks. Before replying to him, I grab my textbook from my locker and stuff it into my bag.

"That's us," I respond dryly. My eyes remain on my locker pretending to be in search for another book. This is the first time anyone from school is actually talking to us so I have my doubts about his intentions.

"I'm Niall, there's a party at my place tonight and both of you are invited," from the corner of my eye, I watch his blue eyes twinkle nervously as his hands keep pulling at his jacket.

Who holds a party on a Thursday night?

"Thanks, but no thanks," I reply before Alice can.

Niall raises his eyebrows in question at my blunt response. At the same time, Alice stares at me angrily, "Look, we're new and we got mixed up with the wrong type of crap. No one has talked to us from day one and getting invited to a party all of a sudden is bizarre. I don't wanna take any chances, so I won't be coming. Well that, and luring us to a party is low, even for you, Kai."

I close my locker before turning around to face Niall. I get him to move his hand and dig into his jacket's pocket taking out the bug planted on him.

"Surprise, I'm not an idiot. Now get moving."

"Scared of coming to a party, are we?" Alec's voice rings from behind me.

I let out an annoyed groan before turning to face him, "Where's your pack? You know a lone wolf always ends up dead."

"Should've taught that one to Alex, I guess."

"You should've," I agree innocently. "What even happened to him? I hear his name a lot, but it doesn't really paint a picture."

"Died. Killed, actually. A blonde chick, like you, slit his throat," he calmly states.

"Really, someone must hate The Black Killers, a lot," I emphasize.

He chuckles, "Come to the party tonight."

"And why would I?"

"You do want your sister back, don't you?" my eyebrows knit together.

"What are you talking about? She's-," I turn around to spot no one. The hallway is empty except for Alec and I. When I turn back around, I find no one. In the end, only leaving me in the vacant hallway.

"Fuck!" I kick the lockers in frustration.

She was right fucking behind me!

I take out the phone Brody gave me and call him, "Brody, pick me up from school, now."

......

"What do you mean she just disappeared without a sound?" Brody inquires. After I called him to pick me up, I called into the office as my mom, and excused myself. Remembering that Kai still has people watching over me, I called Brody again and told him to pick me up at the grocery store a few blocks away from the school.