Chapter 58

"What did I do to you? Made a fool of you
I know they told you I'd never be true to you
I'm losing you, losing you..."
~ Bryson Tiller

......

"Fuck," I groan as I open my eyes. I can't see much because the road doesn't have a single light and the only next best thing, is the moonlight helping me make out shadows.

I try to play with the seat belt, but it's locked in and won't budge making me stay glued to the seat.

My ears still ringing, I hear the roar of an engine and blinding headlights shining at our faces through the broken windshield.

Finally with some light, I look over to Anthony. His face covered in blood, I can see a piece of glass imbedded in the side of his head.

"Anthony? Anthony, can your hear me?"

"Ugh- yeah," he replies. "Someone's coming."

I look in front and indeed, I see multiple feet making their way towards us.

"There's a gun in the compartment," Anthony breaths. As I reach out and up in front of me, I see a piece of glass cutting through my arm almost six inches in length. In a split second, the pain of it travels through my body making me gag. I hold in my desire to scream in agony and take a deep breath continuing to open the compartment.

A bunch of papers fall on my face and I hear a thud of the gun. When I look down, I spot the gun on the road almost two feet away from my reach causing a wave of helpless to take over.

"Search the trunk," I hear a familiar voice instruct.

A few seconds later, the person squats down watching me with pure amusement.

"Would you look at that, Summer White again with one of her brother's. Maybe I can stab him and take you again, how does that sound Sweetheart?"

I swallow hard trying to aid my dry throat.

"If you're not here for me, why are you here?" I ask speaking slowly as I catch my breath at the end of each word.

"It's not here," a voice yells from somewhere behind us.

August's face distorts in anger and he looks back down, but this time, past me to my brother.

"Where is it?" he questions.

"In your dreams," I hear a loud snicker from my brother.

"Anthony, lets get your options straight here. Either you can tell me where the papers are, or I can let my men do whatever they'd like to sweet old, Summer here as you watch. I'm sure they've missed her for the last three years."

"Don't you fucking touch her!" Anthony bursts making me flinch. The outburst was unexpected considering his state.

"I won't have to if you tell me where the papers are," August retorts.

"Ugh!" Anthony bangs the wheel on top of him. His hands sneaking in to his jean pocket, he pulls out a piece of crumpled paper and throws it over to August.

I watch as August picks up the folded piece of paper and stands up.

"Get the fucking Chinese in the car to verify that it's the real deal," I hear August instruct. Once his guy leaves, August kneels down again. "Sit tight, I'll be right back."

He leaves and I whisper asking, "You bought the Fentanyl formula, didn't you? Father couldn't fucking resist. That's why you weren't there during the trade? It wasn't as valuable as having the fucking formula."