Chapter 15

"You was talkin' shit in the beginning
Back when I was feelin' more forgivin'
I know it piss you off to see me winnin..."
~ Post Malone

......

"Kai. Kai, stop and tell me what the fuck that was."

As soon as the blond was dead, Kai started walking away. I silently followed behind until now.

We're alone outside, so he can't use the 'someone is going to hear us' excuse. I stand there as the three men come to a stop.

Personally, I find it funny that I refer to them as men when most, who only know their age, would refer to them as boys.

Age is the amount of time you've spent on this earth. I believe that has nothing to do with if you're a kid or an adult. Maturity is what decides for me, and the three eighteen-year-olds in front of me, have matured in ways, most eighteen-year-old boys, don't. It's the things they've experienced and learned from in such little time, that I envy.

They turn around and face me. Kai holds an unreadable expression matching Alec and Cole's.

"How old are you?"

My forehead creases in confusion.

"What does my age have to do with any of this?"

"Answer the question and you'll find out."

"Eighteen," I lie.

"Seventeen is your real age," Kai replies. "If you can't even be honest about your age with us, I don't find it necessary to share all our business information with you."

I clench my jaw from the amount of anger running through my veins. My whole life is on the line.

"If you want me to stop getting in your business, I want something in exchange," Kai's eyebrows rise in interest. "The box you stole from my room. I want it in its full form, and you to stay away from whatever's inside."

"What makes you think it's not already open?" he retorts.

"The zero point one second of surprise, wouldn't have flashed across your face otherwise," I reply confidently. He didn't have a valid reason to refuse. I mean, I'm going to live with him. He'll find out more about me than a lot of people ever will.

"Alright. Anything else you'd like to discuss before the night ends?"

"I'll tell you later," I say. Just incase there is something I want to discuss later, I don't want to bluntly deny his question.

"Let's get home then because there are many thing's I'd like to discuss," with that, they turn around and make their way to the car with me behind.

"I'll follow behind," I state, walking over to my car.

"No, give the keys to Cole. You're coming with me," Kai orders.

I shrug and push the key's into Alec's chest on the my way to Kai's car.

"You're driving my car. I haven't said anything, but that doesn't mean, I've forgotten what all of you have done," I open the back door and slam it shut after taking a seat.

"So you'd rather ride in the same car as Cole, noted," Kai says, taking a seat along with Cole.

"At least this way I know he's not trying to rape other girls."

"I don't call it rape when the other person enjoys it," Cole replies making my blood boil. How dare he say something so disgusting and aggravating?