Chapter 32

"One day someone will hug you so tight, that all of your broken pieces will fit back together."
~ Unknown

"~ Unknown

......

"What happened in there?" I try to close the door on Kai, but he forces himself in. I pull out my suitcase and start packing for the flight we have in less than two hours. "I asked you a question."

I continue to ignore his presence walking over to the cupboard and taking out my clothes.

"Summer!" he grabs my elbow spinning me around. His touch sending vibrations of anger.

"Don't you dare touch me," I hiss.

"You didn't seem to have a problem with it last night."

"That was before you walked out on me and I realized that you might be considered an adult in the eyes of the law, but you are far from being a man, Kai."

Aroused by rage, Kai shortens the distance between us as his hand moves past my head hitting the back of the cupboard.

The shelf of the cupboard positioned itself perfectly in between two of my vertebra. I try to breathe deeply not showing the amount of pain I'm in as I lift my head meeting eyes with the devil.

"What happened in that room?" he speaks slowly through gritted teeth. His eyes darker than I have ever seen them before. It's clear he's not going to hold back if he doesn't get an answer from me soon.

"He wanted full disclosure, so I gave it to him. He thought that I might be holding something back because of you, so he dragged me into that room. We talked," I make sure to look him in the eyes as I said every word. Every word I said is one hundred percent true and there isn't a hint in my voice that would indicate that I was lying.

"What did you tell him?"

"Everything that I knew."

Before Kai can reply, there's knock on the door.

"Hope I wasn't interrupting anything, but we need to leave for the airport in thirty minutes," Cole says.

"I was just telling Kai the same thing."

"Go, we'll be down in ten," Kai doesn't lift his eyes off me, but the words are indicated towards Cole. Cole clears his throat and leaves replying with an unassured okay.

"It was too easy, Summer. If I find one thing that proves that your intentions towards us are detrimental then I won't even blink before killing you."

"I don't die easily," before Kai has a chance to reply, my phone starts to ring. His viperous eyes trail down to the phone tucked into my pocket.

"You might want to answer that, don't want Jayce hating me for thinking I killed you or something," with a snarky smirk, Kai takes a step back and exits the room. I pull out my phone. Reading Jayce's name, I throw the phone across the room.