Chapter 41

"I sold my soul to a three-piece And he told me I was holy He's got me down on both knees But it's the devil that's tryna Hold me down"
~ Halsey

"I sold my soul to a three-piece And he told me I was holy He's got me down on both knees But it's the devil that's tryna Hold me down" ~ Halsey

......

It's February thirteenth today. A week ago, I told Kai that I sent Luciano away and since then, we haven't seen each other.

He got busy with the trade which was successfully taken care of and we also found out that the rumours were being created by a Russian mafia. Dakota and Amelia left two days ago to get more information on that. Our theory right now is the Nick has some sort of connections with them because otherwise, we haven't given any reason for them to cause this kind of ruckus.

The last couple of days have been the same for me. I go to school, do my homework and workout. I catch up with Alec whenever he's home. He's the only one who lets me in on what's happening.

Cole was supposed to be released from the hospital on the sixth but the doctor said that the brain damage isn't healing as it should. We didn't want to take any risks, so Cole is still in the hospital. He's not critical, but he seems to lose conscious at random points of the day.

Currently, I'm in English waiting for the teacher to start the lecture. It blows my mind to know that I'm passing all my classes. I do all my homework whenever I can, but the moment I write my tests, my mind erases everything I've learned.

It's lonely to be at school without anyone to talk to. At the beginning, when I used to have the gang with me, they made sure I couldn't make any friends and now, everyone is afraid to even look at me.

Alec had given me the choice to not go to school, but I declined. I was suffocating, spending all my time at home and the gym. This way, I get to learn something and just be around other people.

"Hey, do you mind if I sit here?" regaining my attention, I look at the man to put a face to the voice and I'm left speechless.

"What are you doing here?" I hiss at August who quietly slips into the chair next to me.

"Getting an education, of course," he smartly retorts. I bite down on my tongue before I give him the satisfaction of knowing that his presence is aggravating me.

"What are you doing here?"

August turns his head looking at me. His green eyes taking in my whole appearance. I don't fidget under his gaze. Instead, I keep my composure and tell myself to not create a scene at school.

"Are you done?" That seems to pull him out of his thoughts as he clears his throat and pulls out a small box from the inside of jacket.

"It's an early birthday present from Nick," he says. Caught off guard, I don't know how to reply.

Why would Nick send me a present? How does he even know my birthday?

"Tell Nicholas that I'm not fond of dowry."