Chapter 59

"We got that Bonnie-and-Clyde love
They say it's wrong, But that's the way you turn me on... Boy, you make me make bad decisions..."
~ Ariana Grande

......

"Yeah, this one's it," I tell Amelia.

"You said that to every single dress you've tried on, Summer. You're only gonna have this day once in your life, and you couldn't be any less interested."

"I told you, Amelia. I don't care what I'm wearing or how lavish everything is, my family needs the business."

"Fine. But, if you had to choose one out of the seven, which one would you choose?"

"The fourth one. The train wasn't long and I like the net embroidery and that it's backless, I can show off my tattoo."

"Okay, I'm confirming that one. The red ink will stand out so elegantly," she replies.

"I know," I reply as she exits the dressing room. Once she does, I strip out of the dress and change into my clothes. I exit the change room and head to the front.

"So we come back to try it on in three days, to make sure that the fitting is proper and then we're set for the wedding. You are, but I still have to confirm the guest list, catering and make sure you get a pastor for the wedding as well."

"Hey, you still have three weeks," I try to lesson her tension.

"That's only a quarter of the stress, I still have exams, graduation, and prom to worry about," she groans as we take a seat in our car and the driver starts to drive home.

"Oh, yeah, but no one has even asked you to prom yet."

"So?"

"Isn't a big thing for girls to go with someone to prom?"

"Well, I thought I'd go with you but if you're not up for it, then I guess I'll just go alone," she rolls her eyes.

"No, that's not what I meant. What I mean is, so many girls hype the fact that they need a date, I thought you would too," I explain.

"Nah, it'll be more fun going with your friends."

"True," I laugh. We talk the rest of the way until we arrive at our house a few minutes later.

"You're not coming?" Amelia questions.

"No, I have to go to the library for the psychology research project," I inform.

"Oh, okay. Bye," she waves.

"Bye," I reply.

Once she leaves, the driver takes me to the library.

"I need a couple of hours, I'll call you when I need you."

"Alright, ma'am," the driver nods before leaving.

Once he departs, I head inside the library where I print a few papers off my USB. I  review them quickly before grabbing two files from the front and organize the papers in the two files for safe keeping.

After I'm done in the library, I head out and walk a few blocks down to a small cafe and choose to sit at the back, where I can see everyone else.

"I didn't think you'd show up," Mrs.Maxwell comments as she takes the seat across from me. "How are you doing?"

"Not well," I admit.

"Hi ladies, anything I can get for you?" A waitress interrupts us.

"Yes, a medium cinnamon macchiato," I order.