Chapter 52

Warning: Explicit descriptions in the following chapter.

......

"... You're already used to the games, babe You play your role, and I'll play the same..."
~ Zayn ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR

......

"Where are you going? It's only... four," Donte groans squinting at his phone screen.

"Training," I word as I slip on my jeans and grab my shirt off the ground.

"You literally slept for two hours. You're gonna die at training."

"It's fine, I haven't been home ever since the engagement party. Alessio isn't pressing me to talk about it, but how long will his patience last? I'm engaged to him, yet I've been fucking you ever since," I explain.

"What he doesn't know, can't hurt him."

"And that's exactly why I'm trying to clean up my act up, to the point where he thinks I'm no longer fucking you."

"Thinks?" I can feel the grin on his face.

"Yes," I say as I gather my hair into a ponytail. "Now be a gentleman and wash my clothes for me, I'll pick them up later."

"Mm-hm," he mumbles.

"Bye," I word as I exit his room.

......

Trying to lighten the weight of my body, I take the softest steps down the hall as I make my way down to my room. Standing in front of my room's door, with my shoes in one hand, my free hand wraps around the doorknob.

Taking a deep breath, I silently pray Alessio is sleeping before I twist the knob to let myself in. Finding the room brightly lit, I curse under my breath as I close the door behind me.

I walk in and find Alessio speaking in Italian through the phone. His bare back facing me, I notice that he doesn't seem frustrated as he talks. Instead, he's quite calm.

Setting my shoes down on the side, I decide sneaking past him into the bathroom is my best option but as I proceed to do so, he turns around cutting his call.

"We should talk about this, Summer," I hear his heavy voice.

Like a culprit caught red handed, I look up at him.

"Alex, I-"

"Before you make the mistake of lying to me, I should warn you to consider who you're talking to first," he warns. If it were anyone else, I would've taken it as a threat, but coming from him, I know it's nothing more than recommendation on behalf of our friendship.

My eyes scurry away from his as I contemplate telling him the truth or not.

I know that he'll be okay with what's done, but I know he'll want me to stop and I don't know if I can.

I needed someone – anyone, and Donte was there. He was there and he's still here. No strings attached, just sex. No commitment, just fun. No stress, just us and for every low this family makes me feel, he gives me a better high.

"Summer?"

"I've been having sex with someone else," I blurt. "I can't stop, I don't want to."

I try to avoid his eyes, not in fear but because I'm not ready to see emotion in his eyes. Whether it's rage, sorrow or jealousy – I don't wanna see it. I can't be responsible for another person's emotions. I refuse to be.