Chapter 2: Whoops!

Roman's POV:

I got a text message from Gio, he approves hiring of girls at my club Gold Key. I knew he was going to watch auditions this evening before they opened. I open his message, only to see him cuffed to a bed with no pants on, and bleeding from his junk. I knew he was a horn dog, but never thought he was going after the girls, he knew they were off limits, plus he is married. I see a message from the sender.

"Your man here tried blackmailing me into sleeping with him so I could be a stripper at Gold Key. I don't take kindly to being blackmailed."

I picked up my phone and called my driver. "Sir?" He answered. "I'm coming down now, I need you to get me to Gold Key in 10 minutes." "Yes sir." I grabbed my jacket and ran to the elevator. I chuckled to myself that some crazy girl, stood up for herself against her boss, and a Mafia man. I had to meet her, and thank her for calling attention to someone out of line.

I get to the club to see Gio walking funny. "Gio, you have one chance to redeem yourself. You are back to warehouse guarding duty! How dare you go after the girls, they are OFF LIMITS!" By this point I had Gio picked up to my face by his shirt. I dropped him and told him to get out.

I walked over to Tom, a long time family friend. When his wife died he needed something to do in his free time, so I offered him a job bartending and managing Gold Key.

"Tom, who was the girl Gio was auditioning?" I asked him while he slid me a whiskey. "Well she goes by June here, but her name is Diamond. She doesn't like people touching her, and she always wear blue colored contacts, and a hairpiece while working. She is a really sweet girl, troubled past though." Something caught his eye, and he shook his head, sighing.

"That's her." And he points to someone wearing a black cloak, with the hood over their head. I can see she is wearing heels, and walking towards the door. I nod to my men to grab her. I watch as she takes down the guard in one swoop, knocking him off his feet and onto his back. Two more of my men pull their guns. I start walking over towards her. I see her stand up, and I thought she was surrendering, but no! She throws knives out of each hand and hits my guys hands so they drop their guns. I run to get between her and the door. She turns around and walks straight into my chest. She looks up and I see her face for the first time.

She has dark lashes, rosy cheeks that sit on high cheek bones, a cute little button nose, green eyes, like mine, but they are cold and devoid of emotion.

"Mia Cara, you have managed to take down 4 of my guys already, but stop with me?" I was laughing, I couldn't help it. She put down her hood, so I could see she has dark purple hair, pulled up into a ponytail. I wanted so badly to stroke her face. I lifted my arm up to touch her only to find she now has me pinned by my throat to the door. My men point their guns at her, she leans in and growls at me
"Do not touch me. People who touch me end up hurt!"

She let's me go, she is still looking in my eyes. Tom is laughing at me. "Sir, I told you she doesn't like being touched." Still chuckling and polishing glasses. I'm furious, I remember Tom saying she has troubled past. What had happened to this woman, that she doesn't want touched?

"Listen, I'll just be on my way, I've injured four of your guys. I'm nothing but trouble, so I'll find a new job. Just let me leave, you'll never see me again." She states with her head down, looking at the ground. Her voice sounds so sad, and desperate.

"What if I want to see you again, Bella?" Her head perks up, and she looks at me with curiosity.

"Listen here buddy." She points a finger at me. "I understand you are the big bad boss around here, and are used to getting what you want, but this" and she points at herself up and down, " is off limits! People only get hurt, or end up dead from being around me."

I was shocked at how she finished her statement. She has anger and a little hurt in her eyes.

"Nope, stop. You aren't my savior, you aren't going to rescue you me from my past. Do I still have a job her or not?" Did she read my mind? "Why do you think I would want to save you from your past?" "I wasn't born yesterday, I ain't stupid, I have a studied psychology, and you looked at me like I'm a damsel in distress. Learn to hide your emotions better. Mafia boss!"

To saw I was taken aback, would be putting it lightly. She had read me like a book. Wait, how did she know I'm a mafia boss?

"How do you know I'm in the mafia?!" I took a threatening step towards her, but she didn't move.

"SHIT! DIAMOND please don't provoke him!" I heard Tom yell.

"I am not going to be scared of him, if he wants to kill me, let him kill me, let him do his worst to me. Nothing I haven't had before. You know Tom!"

Diamond's POV

I shouted back at Tom that this guy couldn't do anything to me, that hasn't already been done. While still staring at this 'scary' mafia boss. I had told Tom all about my past. He told me he needed to know in order for me to work here. I told promised him I would tell him, but when I was ready. I had a bad night one night, and told him to pour me a drink and keep them coming. I never drank so he knew it was bad. By the time it was done, I was drunk and blabbering my heart out, crying. He took me home, and we haven't spoken of that night til now.

"Listen, 'boss'" I used air quotes, I don't know why, but I enjoy pissing people off. "I'm either leaving, or getting ready for my shift. So do I have a job or not?"

"Get ready for your shift, one slip up and you are fired, and will never be allowed to any of the clubs I own!" He yelled at me in my face. I blinked when I got a little spit on my face, but wiped it off with my finger. Otherwise I didn't flinch.

He turned to his men, and they all stormed out. I walked over to the bar and looked at Tom. He was giving me that 'fatherly look' of 'you fucked up missy.'

"How bad is it Tom?" I asked him.

"Sweetheart, let's just say, you pissed off the most powerful man in the world, took down four of his guys, and didn't back down to him." He replied handing me my Diet drink.

"Whoops, guess I am sleeping with one eye open from now on." I replied rolling my eyes.

"Don't you sleep like that anyway?" He asked with a grin.