Chapter 40: Honeymoon

Diamond's POV:

We arrived in Italy last night. We are in Venice. We are talking a 12 day cruise, in the Mediterranean. My third husband and I went on a cruise. However, we were too broke to really do anything. We basically had a week of food being served, swimming, relaxing, and window shopping.

Roman is enjoying getting to show me around his home country. I'm getting to use my Italian more. He didn't know I was doing so well. I have my little fox with me everywhere. Roman told me, that he never has to leave my side, unless I want him to. He told me that everywhere he takes me, they know him, and it won't be a problem that I had an animal.

So far the little thing has no personality. He just stays cuddled up to me, and whimpers when I set him down. I've been calling him my cuddle bug.

"Diamond, I know your diet doesn't allow for carbs or sweets, but will you at least try a bite of a desert?" Roman asks. I nod. He has already taken care of the cruise, making sure my diet is taken care of. I'm a little annoyed with him doing everything for me. I like to take care of myself. He tells me that he wants to take care of me. Its adorable, sweet, and considerate. I still roll my eyes, even though I secretly love it.

"Roman!" An older woman with graying hair comes running out from the back of the shop. She is shorter than me, she has on an apron, and is slightly chubby.

She sees me with my cuddle bug, and her eyes go wide. She starts yelling at me in Italian, that I can't have that thing in here. She is marching towards me, when Roman stands in her way

[Italic quotes are being spoken in Italian]

"Why are you yelling at my wife?"

"That's your wife? Why would you bring an animal in my store!" She smacks Roman. I gasp.

"Because, we came to get my favorite dessert. I'm not making her leave it. I thought you would understand." He is almost pleading with her.

"Does she speak Italian, or did you get a silly, dumb American slut?" She looks at me in disgust.

"I speak and understand Italian, although English would be preferred. My Italian isn't perfect." I tell her, and she seems shocked. Roman looks angry, and hurt. He walks over to me and whispers sorry, and kisses me on the head.

"I haven't seen him since he was a teen, now he comes back married to a woman in tattoos, carrying an animal." She tells me in a very thick Italian accent.

"My names Diamond, I would happy give my cuddle bug to the guard outside, if you would prefer." Roman shakes his head.

"No, if my zeta want's to act like this, we will leave." Roman tells me. His aunt?

"Bene! Partire!" (Fine! Leave!) She yells at him.

"Why are you yelling woman?" A man walks put, and I can see the resemblance. He looks just like Roman's mom.

"Zio." Roman opens his mouth to say more, but his uncle grabs him and hugs him.

"Roman! You've grown so much!" His English is harsh with his Italian accent.

"Zio, this is my wife, Diamond. Did you and Zeta not get the invitation?"  Roman asks. His uncle just shakes his head.

"No." He looks astonished. "Little Roman finally settled down!" He looks over to me, and nods. He sees my cuddle bug, and awes him. He holds his hands out, and I hesitantly hand him, him. He looks at him, and coos him, then hands him back.