Chapter 9: The concussion

Roman's POV:

These two bickering, was making my head throb. Not back just a dull ache.

"What do you mean my baby has a concussion!?" My mom hurts through the door, making everyone go silent. She runs over to me, and puts her hands on my head, like she is patting me down for broken bones, or looking for a goose egg.

"Mom! Please stop, I'm fine."

"Mom!?!" I heard Diamond's voice, an an octave higher. I slowly turn to look at her, if looks could kill, I'd be dead.

"Diamond, this is my Mom. Mom this is my Diamond. I mean Diamond, my date for this evening." Shit that wasn't right either. Now I have everyone glaring at me.

"For this evening?" Her voice was void of feeling. Cold harsh, like little icicles to my heart.

"I ought to slap you so hard it knocks you out, Roman!" Her voice was still so cold.

"Go for it sweet girl. I'm on her side Roman." My mother is helping.

"Only if you beat me to it sweetheart." Tom chimes in.

"That didn't come out right! I meant we had a date this evening, but I hope she becomes mine forever." I heard my gasp from my mother. I looked at Tom he was smiling approvingly. I turned to look at Diamond, she looked like she was trying to hold back her emotion. I could see it escaping though, threw her eyes. They sparkled with hope.

"Okay, Tom, take Roman out, get him cleaned up and changed. Make sure he doesn't fall." Diamond said looking at Tom. He nodded.
"Is their a first aid kit in the bathroom, Mrs. Luvano?" She said looking at my mother.

"Yes dear, its behind the mirror. Should be fully stocked. Please call my Mom, or Amelia." My mother replied. Why was Diamond giving orders.

"What the Hell is going on in this house? People are yelling, then whispering, my wife doesn't come back to bed. What the fuck is going on?" Fuck, my dad.
"Dad?" I looked at my dad, while I was sitting in the floor holding my head now.

"Mr. Luvano, I am Diamond Nicola Whittington. I was on a date with you son, and we were sparring. He accidently triggered my rage, and I gave him a concussion. Tom is taking him to her him cleaned, up while I'm getting cleaned. I will be staying up with him, making sure he is alright. Your wife will come back to bed now, and I'll let Roman explain in the morning. My apologies, for all the commotion because of me." Diamond is up explaining it all to my Dad showing no fear. God she is amazing. She is shaking his hand.

"Alright, thank you for explaining, Miss Whittington."

"Its Ms. Whittington. I'm widowed. However, please call me Diamond." She states it coldly, harshly, shit she just showed anger to my dad.

"My apologies, Diamond. For your name, and your loss." My dad extended his hand to shake it. She shook back. What the hell is going on.

"Okay, everyone needs to go their separate ways, Roman needs some quiet while we nurse this concussion. Tom did you bring me clothes?" Tom nods, my family nods to her, and walks away. What the fuck is happening.

Tom slips an arm around me to help me up.

Diamond's POV:

I was internally shaking like a leaf.  I had just ordered a family of Mafia to bed. They listened to me. Right now I'm trying to calm myself down, by gripping the sink counter. My knuckles were bleeding again. Shit. I let go of the counter and open the mirror. I pull out a first aid kit. I washed my hands in the sink. And cleaned up the raw skin. I turned on the shower, and crawled in under the hot water.