Chapter 27: The ball

Diamond's POV:

We are in a limo, Roman swears to me we have to arrive in a limo, but his parents and Isabella are in a regular car. He said being Don of all the families requires him to arrive in a limo. I just rolled my eyes. I have my game face back, but not with Roman, or Isabella. They have managed to get mentors drop my walls, and I don't know how.

"Ready?" Roman asks.

"Its now or never." He laughed at me.

We arrived at a hotel. Roman said it was neutral, no one in any mafia is allowed to own it, because it is to be a neutral place to meet whether enemy or friend. He explained on the way, that I would have to hand over all my weapons at the door. Due to being a night of strict fun and relaxation. I'm keeping one nylon knife, that I have. It doesn't set off metal detectors. I feel completely exposed with no weapons, nothing to defend myself.

"Weapons sir, ma'am." The door greeter asks. I pull my knives from my boots, the run the wand over me.

"I wasn't finished. If you mind." Roman chuckles, and hands over his gun. I pull my gun from my thigh holster. My other knife from between my breasts. And my other gun from the other thigh.

"Now you may wand me." I smirk. Roman has an eyebrow cocked. The wand doesn't detect anything, and they allow us to proceed.

"Why didn't you hand over that last knife?" Roman whispers.

"How do you know I have another?" I smirked at him.

"The nylon knife. I didn't see you hand it over." He gives me a look.

"I feel exposed without at least one. No one will know I have it. It's a security blanket. Besides, what if someone else breaks the rule, and I'm the only one with a knife." I winked at him, and he just sighed.

"Just don't get caught, please." He gave me a pleading look. I nodded.

Seriously, he thinks I will get caught. No one will know I have it unless someone's life depended on it, and only if I couldn't just use my bare hands. Hmpf!

Roman's POV:

Diamond. Couldn't go without a weapon. I understand why, especially now that I know how vulnerable she really feels. I just hope no one finds out.

Across the room I can feel eyes burning into me. I see my cousin Dante. I know Diamond seems to think he is up to something. He has tried several times to sneak his way into my seat. He doesn't have the balls to do anything drastic though. I nod to Dante, he nods back.

I introduce Diamond to everyone I can. They all want to talk to me, and meet my fiance. I have never been interested in women. Katherine has been my only 'girlfriend', besides Diamond that is. So everyone wants to meet the woman who got me to settle down.

"Roman! So lovely to see you! Where is your fiance, I haven't seen her yet?" My families biggest enemy. Diamond is literally standing beside me, but he is being an ass. His greedy hands, beady gray eyes, dyed black balding hair, fat belly and short stature are disgusting.

"This is my fiance, Diamond."
"Don't shake his hand. He is our enemy" I whisper to Diamond.

"No, this can't be your fiance. She is much to wild for you. Come with me, if you really want to see a wild time darling!" He winks at Diamond. I can feel her rage building. I set my hand on her lower back.

"Now, now darling. No need to be upset. I'll have you as mine one day. I'll take the wild out of you." He is pushing her, and me.

"That won't be necessary. I am not wild, well maybe a little, but I control my own wild. Men like you can't handle a woman like me anyway. You only try to break us, that doesn't work with me." She smirks at him. She is so beautiful.

"Roman, maybe you should muzzle your pet. She is awful mouthy, ain't she? If you let her speak to me that way again, I'll teach her a lesson." His New York accent coming through. Diamond is radiating heat from her rage.

"I'd like to see you try to teach her a lesson. She would snap you in two, without breaking a sweat. Enjoy the party." I lead Diamknd away from him.

"Men like him make me sick. Although, he is the type of man that would beat me back into submission." She is talking under her breath, but I can still hear her.

"Don't let him get to you. I will never let him get you, or harm you. I promise." I left her chin up to look at me. "I promise I will not let him harm you." I kissed her forehead.

Diamond may come across as strong, determined, cold, ruthless. However, in reality she is a scared, fragile, kind woman. She is as delicate as a rose, and needs reassured.

"He is someone who seeks out women who are challenging. He likes seeing them break. He wants to watch them learn to be afraid." She tells me. She is right, he is. One reason I don't work with him, is he human traffics. I don't tolerate it, my family never has.

I nod to her, and we continue on. Diamond goes off with Isa. Isa introducing her to women, and other families. I get distracted by the men discussing politics, horse races, whiskey, new yachts, and anything else but business. Dinner arrives, but I can't find Diamond and Isa. I feel worried. They have been gone for a while. Dinner is the last thing of the evening.

I find Alex, "Alex, where is Diamond, and Isabella?" He gives me a weird look.

"They were supposed to be with you. They haven't come out this way. Are they not still in the party?" He looks concerned. Panic sets in.

"No, send one of the female guards to the women's restroom. Have them check everything stall, on every floor. If they aren't there, check the whole hotel. I want them found." I'm panicking. I just promised Dia that I would keep her safe, and now I have lost her.

"Sir, they just checked. They found this." He hands me Dia's nylon knife, with a note that has blood on it.

"Told you I would have her. She is much to beautiful, and wild for you. I also have your sister, think they will be my toys. Mr. Xavier"

"Alex, he has them. He has Isa, and Dia. He broke the rules."

"Who has them sir?"

"Xavier Knight."

I burst into the ballroom.

"Everyone! Xavier Knight has broken the single rule of this evening. He has taken my fiance, and my sister. Find him." Everyone scrambles out. My mother and father come rushing to me.