Chapter 6: The Date

Diamond's POV:

Tom was giving Roman the lines about the gifts not working. Roman was practically begging him for help, to woo me. It was adorable. Tom finally let him in on that I said yes, and he opened the door wider. I saw Roman's eyes light up.

I was nervous under his stare. Those green eyes, staring into mine. I was hoping I really looked okay, and I know he could see how self conscious i was written on my face.

Suddenly Tom pushed him out the door. I wanted to walk up to the door to listen, but my heels clicked on my hardwood floors. The only time I hate my hardwoods!

I was fidgeting nervously with my fingers. Wondering what in the Hell they were talking about.

Tom wouldn't tell him about my past, right? Right. Oh Lord, I will kill him if he does. That's not his business to tell.

"NOT FUCK IT UP, OR I WILL KILL YOU!" I heard Tom yell at him. Even though Tom was yelling, I felt relieved. He was doing his protective Dad, with daughter's first date with a guy thing. I'm good.

The door swings open, and I see Roman. His hair is perfectly slicked back. He is wearing a black suit with a silver tie, I can see emerald cuff links on his sleeves. He matches me. I just went all gushy. He looks so delicious just standing there.

"Sweetheart, are you done eyeing him?" Tom's voice snapped me back. Great, now I'm blushing.

Aaaaannnnnddd Roman sees me blushing. Fabulous. "Y-yes?" Did I seriously just stutter. Fuck me sideways. No I'm stuttering.

"Where did scary Diamond go? Who is this stuttering bubbling mess?" Tom teased me. I took long power strides towards him, and punched  him in the shoulder, playfully.

"Oh, there she is. Nice to have you back." Tom winked at me.

"Ready?" Roman asks offering his arm. I looked at Tom, I honestly didn't know if I could take his arm.  I could feel myself shaking. Tom just nodding at me, that it was okay if I didn't.

"Yes, but I don't need your help." I winked at Roman and started walking away. It took all my courage to do so.

Roman practically ran after me, to beat me to the car, and open my door.

The car ride to where ever we were going was torture. It's been years, upon years since I was on a date that a man picked me up from my house. I hadn't been on a first date for a couple years.

We finally arrived at a fancy restaurant that I wouldn't have dreamed to being able to afford. Lord help me, I don't know how to be spoiled. I said a silent prayer.

The hostess was a young woman, blonde, perky breast with cleavage out the top of her white button down. She saw Roman, and was eyeing him up and down. "How many sir?" God it was that super fake 'I'm trying way to hard' flirty tone. Ugh. "Resevation under Luvano" he replied in his cold, stern voice. "Right this way sir." She walked us to our table swaying her hips way too much. I couldn't help bit giggle. I was watching Roman to see if he was watching her. I saw him roll his eyes at her. I felt relief.

We had a male waiter, thank God. I don't think I could handle a flirty female waitress. I might threaten to spoon out her eyeballs with a rusty spoon, if she kept staring at him. Looking over the menu, I heard Roman ordering wine for us. "No, no. I don't really drink. Just whatever diet drink you have for me." Roman went wide eyed.

"You don't really drink? Not even wine with dinner?" He was looking at me like I had three heads.

"Especially wine. I always end up getting it with it later, and realize I had too much too late. So I just avoid it." I didn't look up from my menu. The waiter came back to order and Roman started talking for me again. "No, I can't have that, I'm sorry. I'll have the fillet, extra rare, with broccoli as a side, and salad with no croutons, and ranch dressing. Please"