Chapter 15: Game Night!

Diamond's POV:

Well its family game night tonight, and I made Roman buy a pair of jeans and a tshirt, and tennis shoes. I mean for Pete's sake, the man is in Oklahoma in June, and trying to wear Armani suits. For y'all who don't know Oklahoma summer heat, it could be 100 in the shade, and the humidity at 60-80%. Its sticky, hot, and you need to jump in the creek to cool off, and you are already in a swimsuit, in the air conditioned inside! I told him to bring extra clothes, cause we are going to the creek first.

"What do you mean the creek?" I snicker at his question.

"Well, it's a small flowing body of water. Smaller than a river, but larger than a stream." I'm very slow and deliberate with my words. He rolled his eyes at me.
"This creek and bridge are very special for me. I grew up coming here. Then it was my best friend and my spot. We would come here to talk, when one of us has a tough time or just needed to work something out. However, I'm taking you, to teach you how to loosen up, and have fun." I looked at Roman, and then playfully punched him in the arm. I'm driving today, since he doesn't know where we are going.

"Why did you make me wear swim shorts? And bring clothes to change in to?"

"Cause my dear sweet Roman. You are getting in the creek. You may be a big bad tough Mafia boss, but let's see if you have what it takes to catch a crawdad!" I had parked the car, and skipped off to the creek. Roman followed behind.

"Babe, would you please lock the car?" I heard him call to me.

"Well, you don't really need it locked, but if it would make you feel better, then sure." He sighs and walks up to me.

"You said we were getting in the water, so I left my gun in the car." He whispered to me. I smirked internally. And grabbed for my gun, in the small of my back.

"Now why on earth would you go and do that? Don't you know we are in Oklahoma? You don't need a gun for just against other people, but also bears, coons, hogs, water moccasins, and copper heads." I winked at him. He was wide eyed, and almost scrambled back to the car to get his gun.

"Roman, Roman! I was teasing you. The reason I have my gun on me is because I never go without it. Plus this is Oklahoma, everyone has a gun in this area, well for the most part." Roman got a smirk on him face. I had taken off my shorts, and tank and placed my gun inbetween so it wouldn't get wet.

Roman suddenly picked me up over his shoulder, and was walking towards the creek.

"Roman put me down! Do not throw me in that creek! I will get in on my own!" Roman didn't listen he went and dropped me in the deepest part. It came to my waist. Luckily I kept my balance, and didn't get completely soaked.

"What was that for?!" I put my hands on my hips.

"For scaring me about snakes, bears, and such!"

"Well let me introduce you to another scary friend of mine." I saw a crawdad close to my foot. I reached down slowly. And went to grab it by it's back. Realizing it was a soft shell.

"Perfect!" I came up out of the water, and showed him the crawdad. "Hold your hands out in a cupped way. Good, here." I put the crawdad in his hand and it flopped around a bit, but then just stopped and stood still.

"It looks like the crayfish you see in New Orleans, but its soft." I started laughing.

"Crawfish, crawdads, crayfish, its basically the same thing. The reason this one is soft, is because it shed it's hard shell, in order to grow bigger in size."

I heard a car approaching, and slowing down near the creek.

"Diamond is that you?"

"Well I'll be, Bobby?! I haven't seen you in a coon's age!" It was my old neighbor who was the same age as my momma.