Chapter 12: Giving up

Diamond's POV:

This bitch just called me a pet? I had an evil idea come to me. I got a sinister smile. I had a ring on my right hand. I switched it to my left, to look as if Roman had proposed to me. I watched her slide into Roman's lap, her arms around his neck, she was kissing on his neck. Roman looked scared. Her trench coat fell apart and I could see her lingerie.

I got up and walked to Roman, set left hand on his face where she could see it, and turned his head to look at me.

"Its okay honey, have fun with your whore, but after the wedding no more whores. You will only be mine. I love you." Then I kissed him, and walked away.

She was shocked, then angry. Roman was astonished.

"She is your fiance!?! What happened Roman?" I could hear her screaming at me. I just smiled, and moved my ring back.

"Diamond what did you do?" I heard Alex. I turned and smiled at him.

"He wanted to play me, so I played him. What goes around, comes around. We will have to hang out some time, I like you Alex." I kissed him on the cheek and walked away.

I went up to Roman's room, and grabbed my stuff. I found Astro, and went to the front door.

"Diamond, what's wrong?" Tom had come to get me.

"Can we please just leave? Drive me to the airport. I need to go home." I couldn't look at Tom.

"I'm sorry, I need to leave. I'm going home, could you please sell my house? I'm going to go home, but I can't see my family until my neck heals. Please Tom."

It was a long car ride. We just sat in silence. Tom finally broke the car ride.

"What did he do?" Tom sounded angry.

"Some blonde showed up in lingerie, with a trench coat over. She slide into his lap, and called me a pet. I moved my ring over, and told him he could have his whore, until after the wedding. Then I kissed him goodbye. I made sure she could see the ring." I had tears streaming.

"I can't be in the same place as him. I can't work for him anymore." I was sobbing.

"Sweetheart, I didn't know he had anyone. I'm so sorry. I'm going to beat him. I convinced you to open up, and you got hurt." Tom was distraught, but angry.

"No, don't bear him. Just keep telling him that you don't know where I am, and tell him how much he hurt me." We had arrived at the airport. Tom refused to let me pay for my ticket, and booked me a hotel for two weeks in a neighboring town to mine.

*Two weeks later*

Diamond's POV

"Well Astro, you ready to go see everyone?" I looked at Atsro, he started wagging his tail, and was all ready to leave. I had my room packed up, and was ready to move back into my house, in Oklahoma. I had gotten a job at an office, yep that's right. I worked at an office, I hated it. I loved being organized, but hated the drama. Give me drunk guys, wanted to devour me, and I'm good. Give me sober, sleazy, business men, and I just want to knock their lights out.

Tom shipped my car to me. We had kept in contact, he told me Roman claimed the woman was an ex, and she was trying to get him back. She knew he had had a date, and wanted to ruin. The problem was that Roman knew she was still trying, but risked it with me anyway.

Astro and I drove to my family's home.

"Mom! Andrew! Are you two home?" I called to my youngest brother and my mom. I have two other brothers, but they are both moved out.

"Sis!?!?" I heard Andrew.

"No, it's the boogeyman!" This has been our normal thing. They ask who is here, I say the boogeyman. It's been this way since I moved out when I was 20.

"Sis!!! Why are you here!?"

"Hi booger, good grief when did you get so tall?! I'm moving back."

"Yay!!!!! Mom!!!!!"

"What is going on Andrew Elijah?" Diamond!" My ran to me grabbing me and hugging me, I was still a little bruised on my ribs, so I winced.

"Don't you ever move away again! I missed you!" My mom has always had a problem with 'letting go' she has to be involved with every decision in her kids lives. From their job, to their house, to what they are going to do with their free time.

"Why are you moving back? What happened? Do I need to call your Pawpaw, Dad, and Uncles?"

"No Mother, I'm moving back because I tried dating, and after one date I realized how much drama there is. So I have a job working in an office that i can move up in. I'm selling my house there, so I can buy a house here."

"Who was the guy, you had to like him a lot for if after one date you fled the state." My mother knows me.

"His name was Roman. He was a multi-billionaire, he didn't run when I threw my past at him. He was sweet, kind, considerate. Was perfectly fine with me not even wanting to hold his hand yet. He was tall, muscular, tan, emerald green eyes." I could feel

"Okay Diamond, if you don't want to tell me the truth that is fine. Just say so." My mother replied rolling her eyes.

"You worked in a club as a dancer, like you would actually fall for a multi-billionaire, or he would give a dancer a second look. If he did, he only wanted one thing." I knew my mother wouldn't believe me. I mean she is right, why would he want me, except as a toy or a pet until he found someone to fill the role as his wife.

*Two weeks prior*

Roman's POV:

"Katherine get off me! I can't believe you! I broke up with you a month ago! Stop stalking me! I will never take you back!" I stood up making her fall to the floor.

"Why would you want that stripper? It's okay if she is just for now. I know she isn't really your fiance, that ring was much to plain to be from you." Katherine was snickering.

"That's is actually the perfect ring for her, simple and understated. She is funny and sweet. You just fucked it up! Get out of my house!" I lost my temper and pulled my gun on her.

"Roman, what- what are you doing?" She was shaking and backing away.

"If you ever come near me, or Diamond again, I will not hesitate to pull the trigger next time." I was so angry. Diamond's and my first kiss was her playing a part. Katherine ran crying from the house.

"Sir, I thought you should know, Diamond left. Tom picked her up. She thinks you were playing her."

"NO! I would never play her. Fuck this is bad." I was ready to kill someone. My fists were clenched, grinding my teeth, I had shut my eyes. Alex was the guard who told me, when I opened my eyes he was no where to be found.

*A few days later, still as Roman*

"What do you mean you can't find her!? She can't have just dropped off the grid! Find her today!" I hung up the phone.

I have been a mess. I haven't been eating, not really sleeping. I can't believe I hurt her.

In one swoop I knock everything off my desk. Any other girl, I wouldn't care. I would have just given up. Not with Diamond. She had been through so much, and I wanted to give her the world. Instead I just showed her, she was right.

Tom won't tell me where she went. He just said that I fucked up, and he won't ever tell me, and that I wasn't his nephew anymore. For Tom to disown me, it hurt bad, knowing it was because I hurt someone he loved, I understood.

"Sir, maybe she went home. She went back to her family. I know when I'm hurting I want to be surrounded by family, so do you." Alex was standing in my doorway. He hadn't come near me in days.

"You are right. We have been looking in the state, but maybe she went home."

"Sir?" I called my techs.

"Start looking in the entire US, specifically Oklahoma." I hung up. Looking back at the doorway, Alex wasn't there.