Chapter 42: The ex

Diamond's POV:

It's been a couple weeks since Roman and I got married. We went to Thanksgiving with my family. We had fun. My brother Levi, actually moved here with us, and lives in the estate. He is working on the computers, and my mother is mad at me for it. I love it. He always come to work at Gold Key for me, as a bouncer.

I'm at Gold Key now. I pretty much spend three to four days a week here. I make sure all the orders are being placed and delivered on time, and help Tom with all the other paperwork, daily grind stuff, including drinks, orders, I'm a catch all. The only thing I don't do is dance. My choice, not Roman's he encourages it, but I'd rather not have men trying to lick me more than they already are.

While at Gold Key I wear sexy business attire. All my tattoos showing, blue contacts, and a long ponytail piece. Tonight is a slow night, well it was supposed to be, until a rowdy bunch a men show up. I recognize them as marines, by their haircuts. There is about 10 of them.

"Hey! Can we get the attention of the owner, or manager!" One of the 'boys' calls to me, thinking I'm one of the dancers.

"What can I do for you gentlman?" I ask back. I'm wearing a purple strapless bodycon dress, with my heels Roman bought me. The boy eyes me up and down.

"Well I know what you can do for me." He smirks at me.

"I am married, however, what do you boys need help with?" I repeat my question. They are drunk.

"Listen bitch, I want to talk to the owner, why the hell would one of the girls here be married." He stands up, taller than me.

"You get one more chance her sweetheart. I am the owner, manager, and I fill in for my staff. One of my waitress called in, and I'm filling in for her. So what do you want?" I'm losing my patience.

"Yeah, like a woman would run this place. Get me the old man from behind the bar. I know he is your boss." This boy, insolent little boy who thinks because he survived 8 weeks of boot camp and knows how to shoot a gun thinks he can speak to me this way has another thing coming.

I go to take a step forward, but a hand on my shoulder makes me stop. Its Tom, I don't even have to look.

"Boys, I suggest you take your friend here away from my boss, before she has you all thrown out. I know she appreciates the money you bring in, but the disrespect she won't tolerate." Tom explains firmly. I know there is fire in my eyes, but they can't see it due to the contacts. If only they knew.

"We apologize for him. We need a VIP room. We have five more joining us, and it's for a leaving party. Our buddy is getting out." The tallest one speaks up.

"I would happily make that arrangement. If only someone had been that direct before." I glare over to the drunk one. "This way boys. I'm the waitress for the VIP sections tonight. My name is Bobbi."

"Thank you Bobbi. Are you seriously the owner?" The tall and kind one asks. I nod my head slowly twice. I show them to the area, we settle up on the costs, and get their drink orders. Their five other friends show up. One is my ex husband. The husband that abused me.

My chest feels tight, but at the same time I feel powerful. I know he won't recognize me, as I'm wearing contacts, and have tattoos now. I walk to Tom.

"Papa, the group in VIP. My ex husband is in it." I whisper in his ear. I've been calling Tom Papa, since the day I kicked Ant's ass. Tom likes it, and he is like a second dad to me.

Tom just stares are me. "The one who" I start nodding. He goes blank, then an angry glare.

"Papa, let me do this. I have to stand up to him at some point. I need this. He is on my turf. Just have Alex be closer than usual." He smiles at me, and kisses my forehead.