Chapter 20: Respect

Diamond's POV:

"Now, Martin. Why is it that you won't show me respect?" I was sitting on the edge of the desk, my heel on his chest. Him sitting in the chair, pinned under my leg.

All the men were in the room. Standing in a circle around me and Martin. Their arms crossed, cold expressions on their face.

"Women don't have any part in this life. They respect the men! They are here to have children, and spend money!" He seethed and leaned into my heel.

"Well see, I cannot carry a child of my own. So whoops. There goes that idea. As for spending money, I prefer to earn it."

"You are marrying a women who can't give you children! Roman, what is wrong with you!" He went to go to my Roman.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. No no. You are speaking to me. I can give him children, just someone else has to carry them for me, but they will be mine still. My eggs, her body." I had him by his throat at this point. I lost my temper. I straddled him in the chair. Roman raised an eyebrow.

I caressed Martin's face with one hand, and squeezed his throat with my other. "Do you know what I am stopping myself from doing to you?" I sounded sweet, kind, gentle.

"Do it bitch." He spit in my face. I got off him and pulled my gun.

"Darling, please don't ruin my office with a bullet hole." Roman spoke.

"Mio caro, è una 22." (My darling it's a 22.) I pulled the trigger. I shot him in the chest.

"You didn't kill me bitch." Martin wheezed. I hit his lung.

"I know. I wanted you to feel pain. The bullet most likely nicked at artery. In a few minutes, it will get so difficult to breathe that you will pass out. You drown in your own blood. Especially if I do this. I placed my finger over the small entry point, and held the blood.

"Now, if you don't want to die. Apologize. I have a medical crew standing by."

"I-I I'm sorry. I won't disrespect you again."

"Good boy." I nod to Alex, and Martin is rushed out and into surgery.

"Now, gentlemen. If you will excuse me, I must retire to bed." Fake yawn. "Get me your offers tomorrow, and I'll take care of the rest. Leave." They all nod, and leave.

"You let him live?" Roman asks while pinning me against the desk I'm sitting on.

"He apologized. I knew he would. He just had to had his life flash before his eyes." I smile at him, looking into his sparkling eyes.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to intrude." I snap my head to the door. I see the man who glared at me from the party.

"Dante! Cousin! How are you?" Roman seems happy to see him. He gives me an odd vibe. He makes me squirm under his gaze. No one makes me squirm anymore.

"I wasn't able to meet your fiance at the party. She is wonderful! Please tell me she has a sister." Dante shakes Roman's hand I just glare him down. Calm Diamond. Don't snap. Maybe he is just odd. Roman seems to be happy to see him.

"Sorry, no sisters. I am one of a kind." I surprise myself at how cheerful I sound.

"If you will excuse me, I have business to attend tomorrow." I excuse myself. Roman kisses my head, and Dante bows his head.

Walking towards my room. I see Tom and Randall speaking.

"Diamond, did you kill him?" Tom asks giving me an unsure look.

"No, he will make a full recovery. But he will always remember me, when he takes a breath." I smile.

"I have a question though. I just met someone and they give me, that feeling. "

Tom and Randall give me a confused look.

"The feeling that something isn't right with them. Tom, he makes me squirm under his gaze. I never squirm." Tom grabs me and hugs me.

"Who is it Diamond?" Randall asks.

"Dante, Roman called him his cousin." I pull away from Tom.

"Ah, Dante has always been jealous of Roman. He wanted to be Don, and has instead stayed in the shadows." Randall explains. Suddenly that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach happens.

"Randall, call all the elders that were in the office this evening. Tell them that I said if they breathe a word of what they heard in there to anyone, they will deal directly with me." Randall looks confused, but then nods.

"Sweetheart, what is it?" Tom looks concerned.

"Dante, I think he has a plan to take Roman's place. It would be the long game. I think he is going to wait to until Roman and I announce we are pregnant. Then use it against us. It's what I would do." Tom looks at me and nods.

"I learned to trust what you feel. You knew exactly how a fight would break out, and when a girl was in trouble. I trust you sweetheart. What's the plan?"

"I don't trust Roman's office. Dante wanted in there on purpose. We need to find a place that is safe for you, me, Roman, and Randall to meet. I sound so paranoid right now." Tom just nods, and kisses my forehead.

"Get some sleep honey, you have a long day tomorrow." I nod, and retire to my room.

I toss and turn until 3am. And I hear my door and nob turn.

"Diamond?" Its Roman's voice. I relax and put my gun away.

"Yes my love?"

"Why are you still awake?" He asks.

"Why are you still awake?" I respond.

"I couldn't get comfortable. I have this ache in my chest, like something is wrong, but I can't pinpoint it."

"That would be my fault. I'm sorry. I'll have to explain it all later. Come here, lay down with me. Let me hold you." Roman lays down with his head on my chest. I wrap my arms around him, and we both fall into blissful sleep.