Chapter 13: Monotony broken

Diamond's POV:

Roman somehow got my phone number, and has been calling me for a week now. It's been two weeks since I moved back in with my parents. It had been unnerving. Nearing 30 and I live back with my mom. Tom got my house sold.

My life has been boring. Work, home, help with dinner, help my mom with her business, sleep, and again. The same thing for two weeks. Roman has been leaving me voicemails, begging me to give him another chance. The weekends I spend in the boxing gym, or at cage fights. My boss moved me to the back of the office, because a receptionist can't come to work with black eyes.

The cage fights are amazing, I get my anger our, and win extra money. My mom hates it, but I just clean myself up, and she tolerates it.

Roman's voicemail have gone from begging, to bribing, pleading, crying. He is distraught without me.

*knock knock knock*

"Who is knocking on my front door?" My mother is walking to the door. I was in our closed off back porch, getting food out of the fridge.

"Who are you, and why are you at my house?!" My mother sounded upset. I always carry my gun since I've been home. I grab my gun out and walk towards the living room.

"Diamond, put that thing away." My mother saw my gun.

"You sounded upset by whoever is at the door, better safe than sorry. Who is it?"

"Diamond? Is that you?" His voice was low a husky.

"Some man in a dishelved suit." My mother responded while I was walking at and angle that I could see out the door. I saw in fact it was Roman, and out my gun away.

"Diamond, why do you have black eyes? Who did this to you, I'll kill them!" Roman ran to me, he cupped my face in his hands, and was assessing my face.

"She did it to herself, with those stupid fights she does. Diamond Nicola, who is this? You better start explain young lady!" My mother was now annoyed.

"Mom, this is Roman, the multi-billionaire I went on one date with, but it made me move back home." I removed Roman's hands from my face, and crossed my arms to look at my mom.

"Wait, you were serious?" My mom looked dumbfounded.

"He doesn't look like a multi-billionaire with that wrinkled suit, and messy hair." She was right, he was a mess.

"Roman, why are you here?" I turned my attention back to Roman.

"I have been a mess since you left, I can't eat, or sleep. I have been searching for you for the past month. I can't live without Mia Cara." He was so sincere. He reached out to caress my face and I let him. Then I remembered the blonde.

"Who is she?" I pushed his hand away and got serious. My mom came up and pulled me away from him.

"I broke up with her a month before I met you. She had been stalking stalking me, and trying to get me back. She found out I had a date, and decided to show up the next morning, and 'remind me of what I was missing.' I made sure she knew that she was nothing, and to never come near me or you again. I promise she was nothing, we weren't even really together. We went on 3 dates over a month. I had more connection with you in our first encounter than I had the entire time I knew her." He had years in his eyes. And his head down.

"Roman, I don't know what to say." I was for once at a loss for words.

"Where are you staying?" At the sound of my mother's voice, and her words I knew where she was going.

"No Mother, just no."

"Diamond Nicola it's my house." She snapped at me.

"And Dad's, do you think he would want the guy who broke his daughter's heart staying here?" I gave my mother the same glare she was giving me.

"Diamond, from it sounds like is you broke his heart when you took off. Personally, I think you should give him a chance. He tracked you down, and came to our front door. If he wants to stay, he can stay." My dad voice made me jump. When he spoke, it spoke volumes.

"Maybe you are right Daddy. However, that would mean me moving away again."

"Absolutely not, you will not be moving away again." My mother popped off, like I said she has a problem letting go.

"Sir, ma'am it's fine. If Diamond doesn't feel comfortable with me staying, I already have a hotel room booked." Roman interrupted before anyone else could speak.

Then I saw someone, Alex. "Alex!? Is that you!?" I pushed past Roman, and ran to Alex.

"Yes, do you really think I'd not come with him to see you?" I jumped up and hugged Alex. He hugged me back, and spun me around. He quickly set me down.

"Sir, she is like a little sister to me, nothing more." I see Roman glaring.

"Roman, I don't like Alex, except as a brother or a friend." I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Roman, let's go talk." I motioned for him to come with me.

Roman's POV:

I finally was seeing Diamond. I had spent a month trying to track her. My guys had to do the one thing I didn't want to do, an extensive background check. After a month, they finally did it, and we found her. She was living with her parents and had a job at an office. When I saw her she had two black eyes, busted lip, and split eyebrow. Her, her mom, and dad got in an argument about whether or not I could stay here, or at a hotel. She asked me to talk, and now we are walking to a building behind her parents house, on their small farm.

My girl, well not my girl yet. She was a farm girl. She is walking outside barefoot. Its June, and it's hot outside even though its evening.

"Roman, if you knew she was stalking you, why didn't you warn me?" She sounds so defeated.

"I would have, except she showed up. So I didn't have a chance. There is something you haven't told me too." She didn't know, but when they did her background check, I had them look into her medical records, tracking her medications. I discovered she can't carry a child to term. Her eggs are fine, but her uterus can't support a pregnancy.

"What are you talking about?" I could see she was nervous, and angry.

"I didn't mean to find out this way. When I was looking for you I checked for your prescriptions. My men found out about your miscarriages, and what the doctors discovered. They showed it to me without telling me. If they would have said something, I wouldn't have read it and let you tell me." I couldn't look at her. I invaded her privacy.

"Yet, you still came for me?" Her voice sounded meek, timid, shy. I looked at her, and she was holding herself with her back to me. I somehow knew she was silently crying.

"Of course Mia Cara! I have money, we can find a solution. Surrogacy, adoption, a cure for your miscarriages. Whatever you want! I just want you. I know you opened up, you gave me a chance, and I fucked it up by not telling you about Katherine stalking me. Can you please forgive me, give me another chance?" I had my hand on her shoulder. She let her head fall down.

Diamond turned around. I could see that she had tears streaming down her face. She reached up with her hand to my face. She pulled my face down to hers. She was shaking, she put her forehead on mine, nose to nose.

"Of course I'll give you another chance you idiot. Any man who will track me half away across the country, when I am trying to hide deserves a second chance." Then she kissed me with such passion. I wrapped my arms around her waist. She put her arms around my neck. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. We didn't break our kiss. I pulled back.

"Marry me? I know it like ridiculously fast, but marry me. This month without you has been torture for me. I never want to be without you. I never want to not wake up without you." I had tears streaming down my face. She buried her face in my neck.

She took a big deep breath. "This is the most idioticly ridiculous thing that is ever gonna come out of my mouth, but yes."